Thursday, May 6, 2010

What's happening?

Hi,

It's really strange when my doctor's office calls me this morning to remind me of an appointment I have with my pcp tomorrow when I have no memory at all about this. Nothing written down. I asked Donna about this appointment and she told me they had called me last month to set this up. Huh??? I don't remember a thing. And, why didn't I write anything down??????????? I usually do.

It manages to make me feel a little paranoid. I used to wonder if my EX would set me up because I didn't remember many conversations and stuff. Sometimes, I try to laugh it off saying I'm just goofy or forgetful. Other times it scares me to death!! I wonder how many other things I have forgotten????

I can see new movies several times because I don't remember them and don't remember the endings. Good or Very Sad?????

Someone can call me on the phone. I talk with him/her then I forget who I talked with and what was said. At times, it's very frustrating!!!!!

I can't write down everything!!!!! It will drive me mad!

I'm so tired again. I must sleep often again.

Now, I have a sore throat and a cough! What a drag! And I am going to visit Aimee, Eric & Turtle next week. I hope I don't get sick. Pray for me, please.
It's getting harder and harder to deal with all this.

Peace and Hope,

LCC

5 comments:

  1. I will be praying for you Lisa. Don't fret.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, John. I need all the prayers I can get!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I trust you had a good visit this week. Just checking to see how you are doing.
    Prayers john

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, I've been following your blog since Linda told me about it. I don't comment often but I think about you and your family every day. You and Linda are my oldest friends. We first met when I was 3 and do you know I remember that day so vividly! I have so many memories of your whole family. I'm so sad that you are going through this difficult time. I'm sure you know that you have people all over praying for you. Thank you for taking the time to write this blog. It means a lot to so many people. I hope my blog brings you moments of comfort. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa,

    I'm a journalist and I stumbled onto your blog when I was doing research for a reporting project on aging in America. I'd love to talk to you for a story on Alzheimer's and Dementia. If you're interested, please email me at anb2133@columbia.edu.

    Best,
    Alexandra Berg

    ReplyDelete