Thursday, June 10, 2010

Getting to the Nitty Gritty

Hi to All,

Lately I have been noticing things about myself that tell me that I am declining. I am forgetting more and more things. My visual/spatial thing is getting worse. And I am definitely getting more confused especially when I go out. Noises bother me a lot!

I guess I am lucky to be aware enough to know I'm declining but it's also very frightening. I had an appointment this week with my neurologist and she agreed I was declining and suggested I decrease the antidepressant I take at bedtime. I am hesitant to do so because when I don't sleep enough I starting declining rapidly. I am thinking about what to do.

Thank goodness for my wonderful Sister who helps me get around and stay on top of things. I don't know what I would do without her.

I know, sometimes, I'm a pain in the butt, because I ask the same question many times and often forget the answer.

I am really getting scared about this decline. It makes me feel insecure about my future. I've always prided myself on being able to take care of myself.

I wish I could take you all inside my brain and body so I could explain what is going on and how I feel. It all foreign!! Some Long term memories are even gone!

I sometimes feel like an alien has entered my brain and body and has altered all my senses. Sometimes I feel my hands and they don't feel like mine or even look like mine. I feel somehow this alien is detaching me from my mind and body and sucking all the life out of me.

Alzheimer's is such a strange disease.

Peace and Hope,

LCC

3 comments:

  1. My heart goes out to you. I also give thanks that you have your sister. I know this is a very scary journey. I am humbled by your ability to express what is happening to you. I remember watching my mother go through Alzheimer's and wondering what was happening and how I could make it less frightening. Thank you for being brave enough to try.

    http://bridgingmemories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ruth for sharing and caring. I hope I am helping others out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. You help me think about what my wife is going through as her AD slowly progresses. Please know I think of you often and appreciate how you describe your perceptions.

    ReplyDelete