Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Mixed Emotions

Hi,

I'm sorry I haven't written in a while but things have been very hectic. Aimee, Eric and Turtle came in the Friday before Thanksgiving. Her baby shower was that Sunday. It was lovely!

The family got to visit and it was great. Mom was unable to attend the baby shower so the next day we unloaded the van so Aimee could show Mom all her stuff. They had a great time together.

On Tuesday, Aimee, Eric, Linda and I went to see the new Harry Potter movie Deathly Hallows which was really good.

Unfortunately on Thanksgiving Morning, Mom had a stoke. We called the Home Health nurse and she came out and verified it. Poor Mom, her right side was very weak and her speech was slurred and she could barely swallow. I called in Hospice.

The hospice doctor and nurse were
wonderful and helpful. Luckily, I had the hospice meds I needed to keep Mom comfortable. My Mom died peacefully late Saturday night (although the official day is Sunday) with all of us at her bedside. She was in her own home with her cat Jonsey sleeping with her.

I am very sad. I miss my Mom but I'm not sorry she's gone because I knew she didn't want to live that way. She had a Living Will that stated her wishes. We all knew her wishes and she didn't want any part of that kind of life.

Seems like things are a big blur! I think I must be in some kind of shock because I haven't shed a tear yet. We've been so busy making funeral arrangements, phone calls to family and friends. It's been difficult.

My poor Dad is having such a hard time. He and Mom had been married 61 years! He's feeling pretty lost.

Well, I'm VERY tired and I must sleep now.

Please pray for Mom, me and my family.

Thanks.

Peace and Hope,

LCC

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear the news about your mother. I have been following your blog for awhile now and check frequently for your updates. I am sending prayers and condolences to you and your family during this very difficult time. I am relieved for you that your mother is at peace now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless your heart for taking such good care of your mother. I know you will miss her terribly, but I have a feeling she'll be watching down taking care of you now....Sleep well and be happy when you are ready.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think of you often and how you are doing. I am not seeing you on the ALZ forum. Again, sorry for your loss. Mothers are hard to let go. After 20 years it has become easier because it will be my turn in a few years.

    ReplyDelete