Friday, November 6, 2009

It's another Friday

Hi to All,

Wow, things are still jumping around here. Workman, animals, my sister, my parents. I don't know. My head is swirling but good!

I can't believe it's Friday already. Where has the week gone?

I am sleeping a little better. I slept 5 hours straight last night! It's a new record! Today I drove myself to therapy. Kinda scary but made it. Also, went to the discount pharmacy to pick up some stuff.

When I got home, I was exhausted, so I took a nap! Linda woke me up when she came back from getting a haircut.

Mom is hanging in there. She seems to be glad Linda is here but I don't think Linda has spent a lot of one on one time with her yet. We've been pretty busy doing things, getting organized, and trying to finish my move! Dad seems to be going with the flow as long as his routine doesn't get too messed up. Linda's been great about feeding Mom & Dad dinner, me too! (I do the clean up!)

Michael is back in NJ, working and packing. Hurry home, Michael!!

Aimee & Eric seem to be doing well. Eric had a flex day off today so they were going to do something fun! Great!

I haven't spoken with Jamey or Julie in the last couple of days but I'm sure they and their families are doing fine.

Ya know, I realize I am declining but I don't feel quite so afraid. I think it's because Linda is here to take care of Mom and Dad. So, if I go down hill, my parents will still be well cared for and that makes me happy. They've been good parents to both of us!! And terrific grandparents to Aimee!!

I still feel some pressure to finish the move. Keith will come again on Monday to give me a hand and now Linda is here to help too. She's been great!! It's wonderful having my sister home!!! I can't wait for Michael to finally be here for good!

Aimee & Eric will come for Thanksgiving so I have that to look forward to. I miss my baby girl!! (I know she's not a baby but she's my baby).

Alexis has been very busy with school and cheer leading so I haven't seen her. I miss her too. I can't wait for her to see my new apartment!

I'm hanging in there! Thanks for all your wonderful comments and prayers! They mean a lot to me!

Peace and Hope,

LCC

5 comments:

  1. Hi LCC,

    So very pleased to hear your're feeling some relief now that Linda is there to share the load. Kudos to Linda for making the move. It's not easy to uproot and move, so I take my hat off to her.

    Once things settle down I hope you're able to get away, have a break and some ME time.

    cheers and best wishes to you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I can hear the relief in your words. I am so happy you don't feel quite so afraid now. You had me/us very concerned for a bit.

    I wrote this piece during a very dark time in my life with our daughter. It held me together knowing I have help.
    http://idahostevens.com/idscom/?page_id=21

    Rest assured, we will be praying for you and your NEW venture in life. It is difficult getting accustomed to new walls (digs). May you find more Peace and Hope in the days (and nights) to come.

    Sleep tight dear one and know there are people who care for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy that she is there with you now. I know you are much more relieved. Now you can relax a little. You dont have to constantly rush. You can do more things for yourself and not have to worry. Big hugs for you all. And we all know that Linda is a great cook too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa,

    Glad to hear you have some help. Change is tough enough without dementia.

    We're down here visting my brother in New Orleans. We've always loved it down here and now we found a place to live we liked. Really liked :)

    Can you help? What are the docs down here like, are there support groups or perhaps we could start one??

    If you could email me, I'd appreciate it. Not sure quite how this all works. my email address is tazztoo@gmail.com

    Thanks Lisa. Hope your week is looking better than last week.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for all your support. Each one of you is very special!

    Cindy, I will e-mail you!

    Again, Love and Thanks to ALL!

    ReplyDelete