Friday, November 27, 2009

"Black Friday"

Hi to All. Yes, we survived Thanksgiving and actually enjoyed it!

We were Thankful for all of us who were here but a little sad that the whole gang wasn't together.

Linda & I seasoned the turkey the night before Thanksgiving so it was ready to go in the oven Thursday morning. Linda made her heart attack mashed potatoes, I made oyster dressing and the gravy, Aimee made the green bean casserole, and Eric made the sweet potatoes. My friend, Elena, brought a a corn/greenbean casserole, cookies and pecan pie. Eric's Dad brought more desserts. We had rolls, cranberries and tons of desserts from Lisa & Rich. It was fabulous! We really enjoyed not only the food but being together. We set up 2 tables lengthwise so we all (12) sat at a big, long table. It was great!!

We had lots of clean up help so it went well! We had a lot to be thankful for! Rich was cured of his cancer so he and his family were very happy (so were we). Linda and Michael had safely moved in. Aimee & Eric were here. Eric's Dad came to celebrate with us too. (Eric's Mom died last year).

I missed not having Alexis and Marty there but I guess I can't have everything!

Today is "Black Friday." I forgot what that means except I know that it's a BIG shopping day. I'm staying out of all that mess. Plus, the money's low.

Spoke with Jamey briefly today and she and her family are fine. Good!!

Unfortunately, Aimee & Eric have to leave tomorrow. It makes me very sad. But, they are coming back for Christmas this year which is a first in a long time!!!! That's gives me something to look forward to.

Mom and Dad are doing OK. I think they enjoyed Thanksgiving!

Thanks to all of you for reading and sharing and caring!!

Peace and Hope,

LCC

No comments:

Post a Comment