Wednesday, January 6, 2010

It's the first Wednesday of 2010

Hi to All,

I don't know where the time is going. Seems like yesterday was New Years!

I am sitting on my sofa with white dog and I have a few thoughts I'd like to share.

Wait, updates first. Mom's actually doing a little better. We changed a few of her meds and she seems less weak and more with it. Linda & Michael are doing fine. It's so wonderful having them here! Aimee & Eric are doing OK but have company (Eric's Dad & nephew). It's been a little stressful for them. Jamey and her family are fine. Julie and Barbara are here visiting now (they came yesterday).

I went to the shrink on Monday still complaining of depression (bouts of crying) and anger ( cursing and rageful). He decided to up my generic prozac. He told me that this rage/anger/cursing was part of my illness and that there was not much I could do about it. (that made me sad). One more thing I can't control. And, it comes out of nowhere! Once I start I can't stop! I'm so angry at times that I don't seem to care what comes out but later when my family and friends tell me what I've said I am embarrassed! I just hope and pray that I don't hurt someone's feelings. I would never want to do that.

I am still doing the drug study. It is a Lilly drug, a gamma secretase inhibitor. Supposedly, it slows down the progression of AD. I sure hope it helps.

I haven't noticed any improvement yet. Although, I may be receiving the placebo. I hope I am getting the real drug! Keep your fingers crossed!

Oh, I wanted to tell all of you that the CBS evening news with Katie Couric did an Alzheimer's story on me and my family. Dr. Jon LaPook did the interviewing. It will air on Tues. Jan. 12th @ 6:30pm est, 5:30pm cst. I'm not sure what time the evening news in shown in the west. It is usually 2 hours earlier than my time which is central time. Please, check you listings. Also, please call or e-mail you families and friends to watch. We need all the support we can get.

Unfortunately, I look old and fat but I did the story anyway so that it could be told. They said they wouldn't do the story without me and my family. It's called "Where America stands on Alzheimer's." It should be informative and bring the attention of all Americans to the plight of this terrible disease! I, also, hope it will bring in more dollars for research and give help to patients and families with this disease.

Thanks for reading, sharing and caring,

Peace and Hope,

LCC

No comments:

Post a Comment