Thursday, January 28, 2010

A busy Thursday

Hi, I hope everyone is well.

Today was a busy day. I went to my EOAD support group meeting today @12n (I was late). We had a good time talking but I find many of the other declining more quickly then myself. Both a young woman and a fairly young man have been rapidly declining. This lovely young woman had a seizure after Christmas and since then she makes no sense. She uses garbled words now that most of us can't understand yet she still smiles at times and seems to enjoy the group. The guy is getting thinner and makes very little sense now. It's very sad. We have a new woman in our group who has Lewy Body Dementia. She's from up north and is very nice. We seemed to be short a few people today. I don't know what happened to them.

I love my group but sometimes it's so sad to see people you care about decline so rapidly. I know I am declining but not that dramatically and quickly. It makes me wonder, why them and not me??? Is it the meds I take or the study drug I'm on?? I don't know what it is. No One seems to know why some decline faster than others.
I feel badly for them yet grateful for me. Is that bad???

Aimee & Eric called to say they are coming here to watch the Superbowl with us! YEA!! Eric is a huge Saints fan! Of course Turtle is coming too! We've waited 43 years for the Saints to get to the Superbowl. We can't stop our excitement!!

Julie is coming in on Tuesday to stay with us for a few days. Bob will join her on Friday. Barbara isn't coming.

Linda & Michael are doing well except that I think caregiving is taking a toll on Linda. She seems a little tired and down. Michael is still adjusting to being here. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled they're here but just a little concerned about them.

White dog (Winston) was sick this week. Vomiting so much that I had to take him to the vet. He seems fine now. Orange cat (Simon) is sleeping on his blanket in his chair. He's doing great! I love my boys. They give me great comfort!

Well, I'm very tired. Had a busy day with my EOAD meeting, going to the grocery and getting my hair cut. Years ago, I would have laughed at that being a busy day. But, Oh how times have changed!!

Peace and Hope,

LCC

No comments:

Post a Comment