Friday, January 1, 2010

It's 2010 !

Wow, the holidays have flown by. I can't believe it's 2010!!

Ok, here's the latest. Mom's not doing well. She's very weak and tired and has had another fainting spell (luckily, she didn't stop breathing this time).

Dad seems rather sad and kinda helpless but Michael and Linda have been wonderful! It's much easier to deal with this with them here! They have been angels and Mom needs angels. This angel is kinda pooped so it's great to have help now. It takes several of us to get Mom to the bathroom these last few days. But, what a team!! lol.

Linda cooked a great New Years Day dinner. Baked ham, cabbage, potato salad, black eyed peas. It was very good. I can't say great because I can't taste great anymore. Either my smell or my taste is going quickly. Most things taste ok but that's all. I find this very sad because being a New Orleanian I love to eat! We have some great food here. Just another loss. They keep coming and coming.

Aimee & Eric are OK but Aimee's had some health problems since they returned home and now Eric's Dad and nephew are going there tomorrow for a week! (Uninvited, I may add). He just announced that he had bought the train tickets and they were coming! Aimee was pretty upset! My poor Aims!!

I went to the Fairgounds yesterday with some old friends and that was nice. A bit confusing but nice. Last night I stayed home and watched TCM with white dog and orange cat. Nick and Nora Charles (the Thin Man movies). I love them!!

To start my year off right, Orange cat decided to Pee on my bed this morning!! AAhhhhhhh! I could have killed him. He hasn't done that in over a year. Luckily, I had my mattress cover on. But I still had all that washing to do. The 3 of us sleep in a king sized bed!

Is this a sign of what 2010 will be like????????? God, I hope not!

I hope all of you had a wonderful, safe New Years Eve and Day!

I hope and pray that 2010 is the year of The CURE!!

And, thanks to All of You for hanging in here with me. I hope it helps some of you. I know y'all help me!


Peace and Hope,

LCC

No comments:

Post a Comment