Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Wed. March 3rd

Hi,

We admitted Mom to Home Hospice today. Things went well. We called it Palliative Care which Hospice is. Mom seems happy that she won't have to go back to the hospital or see multiple doctors anymore. no more 911 and that makes her happy. The hospice medical director (MD) who I know well and worked with, will take care of Mom now. (Thank God)! Comfort Care! yes.

Mom is still very weak and eating small amounts of food but seems to be in fairly good spirits. She absolutely can't even take a step anymore but she hasn't passed out either. Her Blood Pressure continues to fluctuate dramatically but no syncopal episodes yet. She requires 24/7 care now.

As for me, well, I'm hanging in there. My throat is finally healing and I had a full day of drug clinical trials yesterday. Thank goodness for my wonderful sister. She drove me there and spent the day with me. Thanks, Lin!

I saw my shrink today and he increased my night time meds as I haven't been sleeping well as night. My sister had an extremely high blood sugar today that rather scared me. I thought she might need to go to the ER. Michael came home and found a small kink in her tubing leading to her insulin pump which she had changed the night before. She took a shot of insulin as well as changed the tubing again and took more insulin via her pump. Poor thing she felt pretty bad today. She's better this evening. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better.

Aimee and Eric and Turtle are doing fine although the weather in Georgia has been pretty darn cold!

Jamey and her family are doing fine too. Julie is fine and the boys too.

There is a chance I may be going to Washington, DC this Sunday, Monday, Tuesday for the Alzheimer's Forum there. Keep your fingers crossed for me. If I am able to go, I will be able to call on Senators and Congressman/woman about the need for more funding and research for the Alzheimer's Assn. Aimee & I went last year but had to leave when Eric's Mom died suddenly. I really don't like traveling alone anymore but there wasn't anyone available to go with me. So, I will go alone and hope for the best! I will stand in front of the Lincoln Memorial during the Candlelight ceremony and pray for all the people I love, all of you and your families, and for all the other victims of this horrible, terminal brain robbing disease called Alzheimer's!

I have A Peer Volunteer Meeting tomorrow. Have been back on the AD Message Boards since I'm better. Love those boards!

Please, take care.

Peace and Hope,

LCC

2 comments:

  1. Lisa, good to HEAR you again. I have been keeping up reading your forum posts but it is nice to hear how YOU are doing. Have a great trip the land of Don't Care (DC).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, John. I hoping to help them care up there in DC!

    ReplyDelete