Monday, March 1, 2010

It's March 2010

Hi to All,

I'm so sorry that it has taken me so long to post. Lots have been going on. Mom is home now. She came home last Monday night. She's doing OK. No more syncopal episodes (yet) but her blood pressure continues to fluctuate dramatically. We have to monitor it several times a day.

BIL Michael's son came in town last week for a visit. We were so glad to see him! He's in the army and seems so be doing OK.

Last Thursday morning I woke up feeling ok. I took my meds and it felt like one of them got stuck in my throat. Wow, did it hurt and burn! It lasted all day. I couldn't hardly drink much less eat. It felt like a hot knife was jabbing into my throat every time I swallowed. I slept a lot that day. The next day I called Lenny (my pcp). He said sometimes a pill and stick and burn your throat. So, he told me to get some liquid Maalox and liquid benadryl, use 1 tablespoon of Maalox and 1 teaspoon of benadryl, mix together and gargle and swallow.

Linda and Michael went out and bought me this stuff (thank goodness for them). The first evening I couldn't really gargle (the pain was horrible) so I just let the liquid meds sit in my throat. Friday and Saturday are a blur. I took my meds and slept day and night. Yesterday, I finally started seeing some relief. WOW, I couldn't believe how sick I became and how all I could do was sleep.

Poor Linda had Mom all through my illness. Dad and Michael helped but I think the heaviest burden was on Linda. She was trying to visit with Mickie and continue to cook dinner and help Dad take care of Mom. I know she's exhausted! And believe it or not, I'm still exhausted! What a pair we make! lol

Dad's cold is getting a little better. Hospice finally received the doctor's order to admit Mom to in home hospice. This is scheduled for Wed. @ noon.

I have an all day drug study day tomorrow. Linda will take me there so we put off the admit until Wednesday.

Aimee & Eric are doing Ok except they are both suffering with sinus problems.

Julie and her family are fine.

Jamey and her family are doing OK.

Oh, by the way, I spent time with Alexis a couple of Saturdays ago. We celebrated her 14th birthday. We went shopping and had lunch together at her favorite restaurant! Later, we just visited at my apartment. Talked, laughed and were a little sad. Her stupid father (my EX) has pretty much abandoned her for this new woman that he's going to marry. (She doesn't like children). Men can be such fools! Rusty used to adore Alexis now he's thrown her away and her heart is broken!! I tell her that it's NOT her fault and that it's her Dad making poor decisions. She cried and we cried then we hugged. Then, I tried to lighten things up a bit. When I dropped her off at home, she seemed OK.

Well, that's all the news for right now. I'm still tired so I'm going to rest.

Please, take care.

Peace and Hope,

LCC

No comments:

Post a Comment