Saturday, May 30, 2009

Empty bed syndrome

I recently realized that I often don't go to bed soon after I become tired. I often put off going to bed. Why?

I've thought about this and come to this conclusion. There isn't anyone there anymore to snuggle with! Yea, I have white dog and orange cat but it's just NOT the same. A king size bed can be a lonely place.

Still, I refuse to give up my king size bed! I've been sleeping in a king bed since I was 21!

I can't teach this old dog (me) any new tricks!

I have to become comfortable again sleeping alone. This takes time. It took a long time after my hubby died 27 years ago. Years and years. Then, I had to get used to sleeping with someone again. Now, again, I have empty bed syndrome to deal with.
I tell myself, be patient, this too shall pass. ( I sure hope so.) Sometimes, I just get very tired dealing with soooo many things. I'm not a good juggler.

Gotta go check on Mom. She's having a bad day. Confused and can't walk. Had to use transport chair this am. Oh my God, am I looking in the mirror at MY future??

It terrifies me! "Sometimes dead is better." ( from Stephen King's Pet Sematary).


LCC

1 comment:

  1. Hi, my name is Laura Hanson and I too have EOAD. I am 45 yrs old. I have a husband and 2 sons. I too have a hard time sleeping at night but for different reasons. I think it is because Im afraid to stop my mind from thinking. If you would like to communicate with me my email adress is alzat45@ymail.com
    my blog adress is http://lauraseoadblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete