Monday, May 25, 2009

White dog, orange cat and me

Hi to All,
My name is Lisa. I am 55 years old and was diagnosed with Early/Young Onset Alzheimer's Disease about 1 1/2 years ago.

Please, come join me on this roller coaster ride called Alzheimer's Disease.

I live alone. Well, not really alone. I have a white dog named Winston and an Orange tabby cat named Simon. Sometimes, I can't remember their names so I call them by their colors.
The last year or so has been quite a journey! Lost just about everything that was important to me. Lost my career as a registered nurse (can't earn a living), lost my boyfriend of eight years (well, actually I asked him to leave, then had to kick him out), lost a lot of dignity (please read Principles for a Dignified Diagnosis at alz.org), lost one of my pets (little dog - he went with his Dad), lost my temper a lot, and slowly but surely I'm loosing my memories and my mind!
Next, I'll be loosing my home of 31 years (moving to a smaller place) . Loosing my Mom who also has AD, oh, I am also her caregiver!

I hope that by sharing this ride with you it may help you and others understand this scary demon. Yes, DEMON. It feels like there is a demon inside of me.

As some of you already know EOAD is very much like a roller coaster ride. Ups and downs, twists and turns, scary and thrilling! Did I say thrilling? No, not thrilling but scary very scary!

Memorial Day today. Lots of family and friends. I used to really enjoy all this now it just makes me crazy! Too much noise, too much commotion, too many conversations.

I have to stop now. Too many people here, talking..talking. I can't follow it all!


I'll write later when it's quiet. I NEED quiet. I must have it to survive.

LCC

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, I am encouraged by your willingness to share your journey. Feel free to reach out to me anytime. Please keep in touch, write very often.

    I have other friends who are EOAD too, if you want to connect let me know at: Terrilee@LovingGrand.com.

    Blogger on caring for my grandmother with Alzheimer's - LovingGrand BlogspotFollow me and my friends on
    Twitter, you'll find a lot of support there.

    (\___/)
    (= '.' =)
    (")__(")

    Hugs and take care.
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete