Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Wow, It's December already!

Hi to All,

As you all know we survived and enjoyed Thanksgiving.

After the holidays and Aimee & Eric went back home, I've started working on my apartment again. Boxes, Tubs and more tubs and boxes to go through! Ahhhhhhhhhh! I still have way too much stuff! I have a lot more sorting to do.

It's wonderful having Linda & Michael here to help with Mom & me. Although Linda sometimes makes me mad with her lack of care of her diabetes (she wears an insulin pump), I love her and I'm so glad to have my sister back home!

White dog and orange cat are doing well. They are slowly adjusting to their new home.

My friend Keith came on Monday to help me with the boxes/tubs and the sorting. He's been great!

Aimee & Eric are OK. Aimee's been rather emotional waiting for her period to come down.

Haven't really spoken much with Jamey and her crew. I've called a few times but haven't received a call back. Hope they are all OK.

Julie and her family are fine.

What's up with me???? Well, I'm trying to get used to my new place. Sometimes, I still wake up not quite knowing where I am. I hope time will fix that! Still unpacking and organizing.

Oh, good news. Me and my family have been chosen by CBS evening news with Katie Couric to have our story told. Well, not exactly our story but the story of a family with multi-generational Alzheimers. They are coming in Sunday and will begin filming on Monday. It will air sometime in January. I'll let you know.

My wonderful daughter is flying back here Sunday to do the story with us on Monday!! She's tired (they just got back home from Thanksgiving), and has taken pills to bring her period down (it's been over 3 months). So, what a trooper she is!! I'm so lucky to have her for MY daughter! Thanks, Aims! I Love You!!

Linda and Michael are still in the process of unpacking and sorting. Michael is, also, in the process of setting up his new office here. They have been some busy bees!

Mom and Dad seem to be doing OK. We've had PT & OT come out and re-evaluate Mom to see if we can build up her strength and get her more mobile. Linda has volunteered to be the one to push Mom to walk more and do her exercises. As you know in the past, Mom and I butt heads pretty badly. I hope and pray Linda is more successful!

My headboard and bed frame came in so now my bed is off the floor. It looks great! Michael & Keith raised my TV so now I can watch TV in bed. YeeHaw!! I am living now!!! lol.

Oh, I start my new drug study this Monday so say a prayer for me that I get the drug and not the placebo!!!

Getting very tired. Wish you all a good night's sleep. Take care.

Peace and Hope,

LCC

2 comments:

  1. So good to "hear" the encouragement in your "voice". And to think I will be able to say "I know Kim who was on CBS." Cool. Yes, our prayers are with you Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, John, I need all the prayers I can get!

    ReplyDelete