Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Day after Pearl Harbor Day!

Hi to All,

Whew, am I tired! The CBS crew came in yesterday morning @ 7:30am. Aimee flew in Sunday evening. Dad, Linda, Michael and I had gone to the play "Beauty and the Beast" on Sunday afternoon. Gloria stayed with Mom (What a jewel)!

Aimee & I visited a short time on Sunday evening the I feel asleep.

On Monday AM, Erin H. with the Nat'l Alzheimer's Assn in Chicago arrived here @7:15am to be with me, Mom and Aimee. She's so wonderful! Then, the CBS Evening News crew arrived with Amy the producer from New York and Dr. Jon LaPook. He did the interviewing. They filmed me in my apartment doing my Nintendo DS Brain Games, they filmed Aimee & I eating breakfast. Later they filmed Aimee & I getting Mom up out of bed. Later, Jon interviewed Mom, Me and Aimee.

Later we went to the La. Research Assoc. where I has a lot of testing done prior to my first dose of study medication. They filmed there too. The crew left and went back to Mom & Dad's to film some more. Linda & I had to wait a while longer so I could have another EKG done. I was soooooo exhausted when the crew left the facility, I feel asleep on one of the sofas at the Research Center. Out like a light!!

Linda & I arrived home around 5:30pm and everyone (including my Aimee) was gone. Luckily, I was able to kiss her and say goodbye before she left (at the Research Center) Wonderful Michael drove her to the airport. She arrived home safely greeted by Eric and Turtle.

We ordered Pizza and everyone went to bed very early.

Everyone was wonderful yesterday! Especially my family! Gosh, I'm so blessed & lucky to have such a great family!!!
Elena with the local AD Assn came by. She's so sweet and helpful!

Dr Jon LaPook was very nice. Intelligent, Gentle, concerned and interested. He, also, had a great sense of humor! He really wants to help the Alzheimer's cause! That's great because we need all the help we can get!!!!!!!!!!

Today, was a wash out for me. I got up, had some coffee the went back to bed. Woke up again around 3:30pm. Took care of white dog and orange cat. Linda cooked dinner. We all ate and I did the dishes. I watched a little TV with Linda and Michael the came upstairs to do some Peer Volunteer work. After that, now I'm writing on my blog.

But, I'm very tired again so I must say good night.

I hope all of you are well. I will let you know when the show airs in January!

Peace and Hope,

LCC

2 comments:

  1. It went just as I had it planned. I wish I had that capability but alas... no such luck. But I am happy you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete