Friday, December 11, 2009

It's Friday again

Hi to All,

I'm not sure where this week went. I think I slept it away! I took a lot of naps this week.

Mom and Dad are doing OK. Dad seems to be slowing down. After all, he's 87, but he's always been like an entergizer bunny that keeps going and going and going.

Linda & Michael are doing well. Michael is still setting up his office and computer. He's a workhorse. Linda still has boxes to go through.

Aimee & Eric are fine. Aimee & I talked on the phone for a long time. She's so funny. She really makes me laugh. I miss her!! Turtle is enjoying the cold weather by wearing his bumble bee costume!! He's soooo cute. lol.

Jamey and her family are fine. As is Julie and hers.

I went to the therapist today feeling ok yet tired. I spoke with her about my EX and the fact that I didn't think I had completely gotten over him. I still dream about him a lot. Sometimes, I find myself thinking of him. Don't misunderstand me. I don't want him back or anything! He was a jerk, a user, a liar! I told the therapist this and she drew a picture of a man. She put a pink spot on one of his arms and one of his legs. She asked me to hold the picture up in front of me and asked me what color he was. I said "White" (she had drawn a picture in black on white paper. Then, she told me to put the paper very close to my eyes,putting the pink in front of me and asked me what color he was and I said "Pink." She told me I was right. She said many women don't look at the whole man. They look at the parts of a man they like/love (the pink spots) but not the whole picture. She said perhaps I was missing the good/pink part of my EX that I had loved and not the whole real man. It made me cry a lot but I think she made a lot of sense. I do miss the few spots of Rusty that I loved but not the real Rusty who was not that good and couldn't have helped me through all this! She's quite a therapist!

So I've cried some day. I went to the grocery. I came home. Took care of Winston and Simon. We ate dinner. I did the dishes. I did some Peer Volunteer work which I love to do. Now, I'm off to bed.

I'm tired and lonely but I guess I'll survive.

I'm still blessed with a wonderful family but you can't take your family to bed with you at night!

I've spent the better part of my adult life alone since my husband died. Sometimes, it's just hard!

Wishing you all a good night.

Peace and Hope,

LCC

2 comments:

  1. It is good to cry from time to time. It is a little like a tea kettle. If you don't let the steam out, it will blow up. Crying is like that. It lets the pressure out in the form of drops which cleanses the spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right as usual, John. I do need to let it out. It's still hard, sometimes! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete