Monday, February 1, 2010

A new Month/ February 2010

Hi to All,

Mom has been feeling dizzy for the last couple of days. Not sure what the cause is. Her Bp's have been fairly stable. Historically, she's had bouts of meneurres disease (sorry about the spelling). I think this is what this is but I'm not sure.
Mom asked Linda to call her PCP to see if he would give her medication for it. She used to take antivert. I don't know what the doctor will do if anything! I can't stand him!! Linda speaks with him now (although I did have to speak with him when Mom was in the hospital).

Hope he sends her some antivert!!

Well, let's see. Linda & Michael are OK. They are trying to find new doctors down here.

Aimee & Eric are doing well and are planning to come in this weekend for the Superbowl. Wow, I can't wait! The Saints in the Superbowl! YeeHa! I can't wait to see Aimee & Eric!!

Julie is coming in tomorrow for a few days. We have tickets to see Momma Mia Wednesday night. Hope Gloria can still stay with Mom that night.

Jamey and her family are doing OK. I think Adam & Shanna are going to the Superbowl in Miami! Lucky dogs!

Dad's 88th birthday is Friday! Wow, I can't believe it. We'll wait and celebrate when the kids come in on Saturday.

My friend Lisa's daughter Samantha is going to be 18 on Wednesday. Gosh, I was there when she was born. She's a lovely girl now. How time does fly by sometimes.

Alexis will be 14 on Feb. 23rd! OMG, I remember when she was a little girl of 4!! She's growing up soooooooo fast that it scares me!! I love her so much!!

Me, I guess I'm doing OK. Saw my therapist today. She's working with me to accept this Alzheimer's disease a little better. I was talking with her today and I said I was stupid for forgetting something again. She said that was a negative thing to say about myself and that it was the Alzheimer's making me forget. She said "Don't blame it on yourself, blame it on the AD." And, of course, she's right but sometimes I still do FEEL stupid!

I've had many challenges in my life that I have had to overcome. And done so pretty successfully. I can't seem to accept the fact that I can't fight this disease the way I've fought other things in my life. The therapist is trying to help me not fight so much because it doesn't really help. It just makes me furious!!!!

She's trying to help me accept this disease a little better and have more peace.

Orange cat & white dog are here with me now. Both are doing well and are very comforting. I was looking at some pictures today and I came across a picture of Aimee and Rudy. Rudy was the little Yorkie that Rusty and I rescued a few years ago. I miss Rudy a lot sometimes. Rusty took Rudy when he left because I couldn't afford to keep the three animals. Rusty was supposed to take white dog but his new girlfriend didn't like Winston but would take Rudy. So, Rusty is such an A hole that I can't see Rudy!!
I hate him for that! And, for a lot of other reasons. I don't like using the hate word because it's so terrible. But, that is how I feel about him now. I do pray God will eventually take this hate away. Perhaps in time??

I go to my drug study tomorrow so wish me luck. I sure hope I'm getting the real drug and not the placebo!!

Peace and Hope,

LCC

No comments:

Post a Comment