Friday, February 5, 2010

Feb.5th, 2010 It's Dad's Birthday!

Hi to All,

Well, my Dad turned 88 today! Wow, I can't believe it. Neither can he. He told me, "I didn't plan to live this long." Well Dad, I'm so glad you did!

Today he & I went to the grocery. He drove (because I was having a bad day). Gosh, I got sooooo confused in the grocery. Had a hard time finding the things I wanted to buy. It was kinda crowded and just too much! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! I hate days like this! They scare me because I'm afraid I'll stay that way. Confused and frightened!

While we were leaving the grocery, Linda called and said Mom had another syncopal episode (fainting spell) when Julie brought her back from the hair dresser. They finally called Michael and they revived her with a popper (smelling salts). Linda said she was out for only about 5 minutes this time. It's been much longer in the past. Believe me, it's always scary!

When Dad & I got home, we checked on Mom then we brought in our groceries. I'm glad Michael was there because he helped me carry my stuff upstairs. He's so great!

I think Linda went next door to calm down. Julie helped Dad put groceries away. Later, she left. I think she was pretty shaken up about Mom. Poor Julie, I hope she's ok. Bob is coming to join her tonight.

Aimee & Eric are on the road now to see us. They're coming for the Superbowl! GO SAINTS!!! We'll watch the game with Dad. He'll love having the fam together for Superbowl!

We plan to celebrate Dad's birthday tomorrow. Everyone will be here, He'll really enjoy that!

We have Mardi Gras parades tonight here. It's gonna get crazy between Superbowl and Mardi Gras!!

Peace and Hope,

LCC

No comments:

Post a Comment