Tuesday, February 16, 2010

It's Mardi Gras and Mom's in the hospital.

Hi to All,

Just a brief update. As I have said, we had a bad weekend with Mom with so many syncopal spells. She was having to stay in bed.

Yesterday, I called the Home Health nurse to come visit Mom and see what she thought.
After we had called Mom's pcp (office closed) then the cardiologist she convinced Mom to go to the ER. Soooooo, we called for the ambulance around 3ish in the afternoon. We arrived at the ER around 3:30p, waited in the hallway again, then finally put in a room in the ER. Saw ER doctor, ordered tests. Mom did have very orthostatic blood pressures there but did not faint. The found she had a UTI. They have her iv fluids and an iv antibiotic. We finally got a room in the hospital around 3am. Poor Mom. It was such an ordeal. I was exhausted!

Dad's up there with her today. Her regular doctors are off (because of Mardi Gras) and so other doctors are seeing her.

Linda is supposed to relieve Dad for a while then I guess I'll go back again this evening.

Thanks for listening. I'll update you when I can.

Peace and Hope,

LCC

4 comments:

  1. My sis has an UTI right now she also had to go to the doc. Mom used to get them all the time. Luckly she has not had one for awhile . They are very bad. Good luck and I hope she is better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi LCC,

    It's so awful when a loved one is in hospital.

    You take care and my thoughts are with you.

    Wishing your Mum a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your thoughts, no1daughterofleydad. I hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete