Sunday, February 14, 2010

It's Valentine's Day!

Hi to All,

I guess I should start by wishing everyone a Happy Valentine's Day!

Our home hasn't been very happy in several days now. Mom has taken a turn for the worse and it's taken all of us to care for her. She's been having multiple fainting spells, blood pressure problems and more incontinence. She has and is refusing to allow us to dial 911 and have her brought to the er. She understands that she may die with one of these "spells" but still refuses the ER. I love and respect my Mother so I will not go against her wishes. She has a Living Will, Advanced Directives and a signed DNR. As hard as it is, I must respect her wishes.

I've spoken with my Dad, Sister & BIL and we've decided to get Hospice Care for Mom. She needs more care at home. Hospice is great with comfort, Palliative care. We all want Mom as comfortable and happy as she can be.

It's been a rather sad weekend, especially for my Dad. He's really having a hard time. My Mom & Dad have been married for 61 years come this May 21st. They truly don't know how to be apart.

I hope and pray that whatever time Mom has left will be of good quality and that when her time comes, she will go peacefully.

Thanks for listening.

Peace and Hope,

LCC

2 comments: