Sunday, September 13, 2009

Crazy Times!

Hi to All. I haven't written because my life got a little crazy for a few days.

On Friday, I was bringing Mom to get her hair done (and I was getting my hair cut and highlighted) when Mom got stuck trying to get into the car. I'll try to briefly explain.
It was raining, so I decided to take Mom's car which Dad had parked under their carport but very close to the side of the house. Mom was actually walking OK. I opened the car door (which wouldn't open all the way) anyway, Mom started to get in with one leg then tried to sit. Anyway, she got STUCK half in and half out of the car. I dropped my purse to help her. Well, she was dead weight and couldn't help at all! The more I tried to help the more she screamed I was hurting her.

Finally, I decided to try to push the emergency button around her neck (it really made for inside the house). Nothing happened. We struggled for about 15 minutes (my back and lt. shoulder were killing me). I was trying to figure out how I could fall down and have Mom land on top of me. I was terrified she'd be badly injured!!! I couldn't figure that out so I started trying to reach my purse because mt cell phone was in it. Finally, got the cell phone and called Dad.

Dad was at the homestead and really couldn't hear me (He' really deaf) but finally he came (thank God) and we got Mom into the car!! I was exhausted and freaked!!

After we rested a few minutes, Mom still wanted to go get her hair done so I took her. I ladies at the shop (Pachuco) were wonderful and helped me get Mom in.


Wow, it was terrible! I was so afraid Mom would be seriously injured!

Later that evening, I was talking with Linda (my sister) on the phone telling her what happened. I told her I needed a drink!! lol. She told me to go soak in the tub for my back and shoulder and then have a drink. So, I went and soaked in the tub. Soaking actually felt good!! I got out of the tub then all hell broke loose.


I got out of the tub and was drying off. I became dizzy, terrible headache, short of breath, Chest pain, tried to walk to the bed and ran into the wall, fell down. I just couldn't walk straight!! I laid on the floor for a while and realized something was very wrong with me. Finally, crawled to my bed and called Lenny (my doctor) who happened to be on vacation in Florida. He instructed me to go to the ER!!! ( I thought I was having a stroke!)

Lenny, I said, I can't drive! He told me to call 911. I said NO that it would scare my parents to death (they live next door). Soooooooooo, I called Elena (the wonderful) who came and took me to the ER. Apparently Lenny had called telling them I was coming. Good. They fast tracked me. After a battery of tests the ER doctor told me I had a sever case of VERTIGO! They did give me some fluids and something for pain (head, back, neck). Finally, I said, If I didn't have a stroke, I want to go home!! So Finally, Elena took me home. I was loaded from the pain meds but I just went to bed. Elena was soooo wonderful!!!!

Yesterday, I was pretty wiped out. I did go get my nails done (for the trip today) then I came home and took a 2 1/2 hour nap. Packed, ate, and went to bed. Let Dad take care of Mom.

So, here I am. It's Sunday morning. I fed white dog and orange cat. I'm drinking some coffee. I'm pretty well packed. Oh, I'm flying to Dallas with Elena to speak at a Woman's Alzheimer's Awareness and Education group (A.W.A.R.E) tomorrow. Wishe me luck!!

My friend, Julie, is coming in to stay with Mom and DAD. God Bless Her!

I probably won't write again until Tuesday or Wednesday. I return home Tuesday late afternoon.

Aimee is still sick with a bad cold. Poor thing she's been battling it for days now.

Well, that's my story. Crazy, huh????

Peace and Hope to ALL,

LCC

3 comments:

  1. "That is my story and I am sticking to it." You can't make this stuff up. I wish you well on your trip. Come back safe and sleep tight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooohhhh!!! What a scary day!

    Have a wonderful trip and have lots of laughs.

    hugs across the oceans

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy this time away. You needed it and deserved it. Spend time with your friends and laugh and smile.

    ReplyDelete