Saturday, September 5, 2009

Saturdays sometimes suck!

Hi. Well, today kinda sucked. Mom's just declining, being incontinent and loosing her ability to walk. She was rather confused today. I dread the day when Mom becomes bedbound. I don't think that is too far away now. I did walk with her a bit this am but tried this afternoon and she couldn't pick-up her feet and kept trying to walk bent over. She gets so upset with me when I remind her to stand up straight or to walk closer to her walker! I think she is suffering with a combination of problems. I think she is forgetting HOW to walk and is now becoming unable to walk. From what I remember in doing Hospice is that loosing her ability to walk makes her end stage dementia. The doctors now think she has a combination dementia (vascular and AD).

This is very sad and becoming more difficult to deal with. Unfortunately, both Dad and I both have bad backs so Mom's becoming a handful!! Soon, she'll be unable to assist us at all then we will be unable to get her up out of the bed. OMG, I dread that so terribly!! To me, being bedbound is worse than death!!! Because no matter how much good care we'll give her, her skin will break down. Turn every 2 hours, pillows, special mattresses, the works!! I have been working so hard and watching her skin so carefully to keep that from happening!! Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Changing the subject. Spoke with Aimee today. She and Eric had a great time at Dragon Con yesterday! They met Leonard Nimoy and William Shatner (They are trekkie fans), Aimee met Malcolm McDowell, and the boy who plays Drako in Harry Potter movies. It was a long, hard but fun day! Eric was volunteering again today!

Spoke with Michael and Linda too. Everything is OK. They are very busy getting things ready to move here in a couple of months! They both seem pretty stressed!

I'm very worried about Alexis. She is having a very hard time because Rusty has thrown her aside for his newest conquest!! He has treated her like a princess up until now. Her heart is broken as is mine for her. (Her Mom is pretty crazy too). I guess Alexis is doomed at 13!! Her Mom refuses to get Alexis any therapy help! AAAAhhhhhhhhhhh!!! And, there's NOTHING I can do to help her!!

I received some very upsetting news on Wednesday. I very good friend of mine (Lisa) called to tell me that her hubby (Rich) was diagnosed with Colon cancer!! We don't know his prognosis yet. He's had the surgery and is recovering. Now, we're just waiting for the results of all the tests and bxs. If you believe in the power of prayer, please pray for them. They are a lovely couple with 2 children (15 and 17). My heart aches for them. I love them and their children very much. They've been very good to me and my entire family. I know how hard it is to wait for results.
My husband died of cancer in 1982!!!

Changing the subject again, I am dieting again. Since I'm off the Seroquel and now taking Geodon, I seem to have more control over my eating. Wish me luck! I'm so unhappy being a P-I-G (Hog)! As I've said before, I've gained 30 pounds in 2 years. It's awful! And, I'm soooo unhappy being fat!! I am trying very hard to be successful. I've even ordered an adult tricycle to be more active!!

Something nice did happen today. I called my friend Kendal and asked her to go shopping with me. I needed to buy a dress for the Dallas trip. (Too fat to fit in any of my old dresses). She and I did have a good time shopping.

I'm finding it more difficult to shop now. I get confused and overwhelmed in the stores. Kendal was an angel!

Oh, I took a fall today in my living room. I tripped over the computer cord!! (what a klutz). Hit the ground, Hit my knee, arm and twisted my back. (At least I didn't hit my head this time) lol. I'm very sore now. I'm sure tomorrow will be worse!

Thanks for listening and being there. I have more to write but I'm getting too tired now. I've been thinking about end of life and death issues. I'll try to get my thought together and write about them soon.

Peace and Hope,

LCC

2 comments: