Monday, October 26, 2009

Tuesday Oct. 27th 2009

Hi to All. The big move is tomorrow so wish me luck.

I've had a kinda rough day today and Gloria was off because she had to take care of her husband. Dad worked part of the day and was in and out! We both forgot Mom's doctor's appointment today! Ahhhhhhhhhhh! It had to be re-scheduled!

My plate is over-flowing. If Keith wasn't here to help I'd flip!

Aimee & Eric are OK.

Linda and Michael are dog paddling ( I think).

Jamey hurt her neck and Lexie is sick. Alexis is doing well!!!(Thank God).

Julie and Barbara came today but are sleeping elsewhere (thank God!) Keith worked hard today!

Linda's floors were delivered here today. Gosh, it's all so strange!

Donna's son Bobby is coming tomorrow to help Keith with the heavy stuff and if the carpenter shows and puts in the door, I'll be sleeping with my animals upstairs tomorrow night! Wow!!!!!!!!!!! Like sure changes quickly sometimes!!!!!! I sure hope I don't flip out!

I spoke with the phone company today to transfer my phone upstairs. The can't do that until Friday.

The man comes on Wednesday to start laying Linda's floors in my house!! Wow, no, it's Linda and Michael house now! I'm on my sofa now looking around. After 32 years this old house still looks pretty good! Aimee grew up here. She had many slumber parties here! Swimming parties too! This house was filled with lots and lots of little girls for many years! I hope she remembers. So far, I do!

I've gotta stop. I'm tired and I'll drive myself crazy with all the memories here (good and bad)! Tears are running down my face as I remember all the years! Gosh, plenty of people have lived in this little half of double including Jamey and her family!

Gotta stop now. Too much pain. Keith is sleeping and can't help!


Peace and hope to all.

LCC

6 comments:

  1. Wow, the big day has arrived...wahooo!!!!

    How very exciting. Moving is so stressful. I bet you'll be pleased when the moving, new floors etc is finished.

    One good thing is you will still experience your old place but now with your sister and her hubby. That's super nice.

    And kudos to Keith. You have a great friend there.

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything will be fine. I promise you that. And you will have help now and lots of sister time with Linda. Shes excited too. She was telling me all about the flooring tonight. I cant wait to see the finished look. Take a deep breath and remember that shes on her way. Chin up and smile. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all the pick me ups!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, first thank you for the date color change. It looks great. You have my good luck and my prayers on your new exciting move. Yes, life sure changes quickly, but you are a strong woman and I know you will be all right. You are a Survivor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa,

    I've been reading your blog and your posts on the Alzheimer's org message boards. You are amazing!
    I'm a journalist writing a piece on humor in coping with Alzheimer's for the AARP Mag and would love to interview you—by phone or email.
    My email is BrodyLiz@aol.com.

    Thank you for inspiring so many!

    Best,

    Liz

    ReplyDelete