Tuesday, October 6, 2009

It's Oct. 6th!

Hi to All. I'm not sure where to start. I can't remember if I told you all about my accident on my new trike.

Well, about a week and a half ago I was riding my bike again, having a good ole time, when bam I went up the curb to put my bike away and the next thing I knew I was lying on the ground in the street (hit the whole left side of my body). I laid there a few minutes (no one was around to help) so I surveyed my damage. At first, I couldn't move my left arm/elbow but then, after some massaging/rubbing it moved a bit, my jaw hurt, my head hurt, my left leg/foot hurt but I was able to lift my bike off my and get up out of the street!! I was pretty wabbally but I made it inside. Wow, was I beat up!! Bumps, bruises, scrapes and cuts ans swelling! I went into the bathroom and cleaned myself up. Took 4 ibuprofen and grabbed a couple of ice paks!

I stayed on the sofa for a while then later, I helped Mom and Dad then went to bed.

Ok, back to Aimee. Well, let me tell you this first. Last Thursday morning after talking with Aimee and Linda on the phone I went to take my bath/shower. I stepped into the tub to grab my scrubby pad from the back of the tub and when I backed out of the tub I touched the back of my right calf on the side of the tub. Well, I screamed in pain, my calf swelled up like a balloon, and a sat in the tub to soak my leg!! I was in horrible pain. I didn't know what had happened.

Finally, I managed to get out of the tub and called my Dad at work. I asked him to come home to bring me to the Emergency Room!! By the hardest, I got myself dressed and Hopped into Dad's van and he dropped me off at the ER. They did a quick exam and an x-ray. I said, "It's not broken but maybe I have a blood clot or something from the fall I had a week ago."

They put me in a wheelchair in a waiting room, with this ice bag that I couldn't fit on my leg. I'm in terrible pain!! No call light, no nothing. Finally, I banged on the door because I had to go to the bathroom. The nurses looked more aggravated than anything. She wheeled me to the bathroom where I hopped into the bathroom (no help mind you), finally went to the bathroom and hopped back to the wheelchair. Then, I was returned to this waiting room!

I waited and waited. Asked for something for pain which I was denied until they knew what was wrong with me. By this time my right calf is about 3 times the size of my left! About an hour later, I was taken for an ultra sound where they found a large internal hematoma. I was given a shot of toradol, prescriptions for some meds and send home with brief instructions to stay off my leg, elevate and ice it!!!

I didn't even have time to ask questions. I was wheeled out to pay my co pay, call for my ride and sent home!!! Slam, bam, thank you Mam!!! All I knew was that I was in severe pain and I wanted to go home!


Well, my leg in still painful and swollen today!!!

Anyway, Aime and Eric and Turtle came in Friday evening. It was great to see them!
Aimee and I were both disappointed about my leg but decided to make the best of it. We talked and laughed and visited.

Got up Saturday at 6:00am to drink coffee and visit before "Memory Walk." Of course, I couldn't walk but Aimee and Eric and Keith and Julie and Felix and Gari and another Lisa walked in my place! I was very honored to be there and to have all these wonderful people walk for me and Mom! The Alzheimer's Memory Walk was a great success!!

Later, we came home. I was exhausted. But I had bought crawfish tails to make crawfish etouffe for Aimee. So, I did!! I thought my leg would burst!! But, the look on Aimee's face while eating it make it all worth while!! She was smiling and oohing and enjoying! (So was the rest of the family). We did more visiting then later went to bed.

Sunday, I woke up ok but then I felt like I was drugged. We drank coffee and visited then I had to go to sleep. I took a nap on the sofa. Later, Aimee and I laughed and talked and watched the Saint's Football Game (mostly muted) but we could here the guys hooting and hollering! The Saints Won!! So, everyone was happy. We visited some more then went to bed.

Aimee and Eric and Turtle left Monday morning to go back to Atlanta (well, Snellville). It was a wonderful visit!! I wished my leg was better but I enjoyed being with Aimee and Eric and my grand dog Turtle! I LOVE them all so very much!!

Went to the doctor today who told me I had bad arthritis in both thumbs and to stay off my leg!! I don't know if y'all remember but I'm supposed to be moving upstairs in about 3 weeks! Try to stay off your leg and move at the same time! Pretty difficult!!!

Keith came yesterday to help with painting and shoe molding. I finally had to give up and sat on the sofa with a pillow and ice pack as my leg continued to grow and hurt!!

I plan to rest tomorrow. Keep my leg up , iced and try to stay off of it as much as possible!!! (Dad's already said he'd like to walk in the mall in the morning b4 the sitter gets here and would I listen for Mom). And, to top off everything my cable went out!! So, I have NO TV!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!


Well, that's my life for now.

I've gotta get some sleep. Oh, went back to the shrink yesterday, he changed my meds again so we'll see what happens!!


Peace and Hope,

LCC

No comments:

Post a Comment