Thursday, August 6, 2009

An even better day!

Hi to All. I did sleep better last night with the increased dose of Seroquel. I have decided to stay at this dose for the next few days to see what happens. Wish me luck!

Today has been a better day! Woke up, did am adls, Mom was still sleeping. Good.
This gives me a chance to get my head on straight to start the day. Had a headache with some flashes. (Oh no. hope it's not a migraine). Made coffee and took ibuprofen. Took Winston and Simon out then fed them breakfast. Some throbbing with the headache but no nausea. Good!

Checked on Mom again. She was still sleeping. I guess the trip to get her nails done yesterday wore her out! (but I think she really enjoyed it!)

Drank my cafe au lait and looked at my schedule for today. Pretty busy. Lots happening today. Just as Mom was waking up Gloria came in! Hooray! Gloria and I got Mom up, did am adls, and wheeled her to her recliner. I gave Mom her morning meds, kissed her good-bye and went to start my day, after all Gloria was there and she was safe!

Had a Peer Volunteer phone meeting @ 10am. Enjoyed that. We had lots to talk about. The AD Message Boards are growing and we are getting ready to recruit some more Peer Volunteers. Lots going on. We had a good meeting.

Went to bath/shower. Then went to Patty @ Pachuco to get a haircut. Wow, did I need one! It was fun and feels great. Then, went to the grocery. Man, was it hot!! I was schlepping groceries to and from the car and then into the house. Wow, I was sweating like a pig!! Oink Oink! lol.

When I was finished I had to get some cold water and get sit on the sofa in the a/c for a few minutes to cool down. Of course, white dog was running around like a maniac trying to get my attention!! I told him it was too hot to play right now.

Put the groceries away and it was time to leave again. I had a manicure/pedicure appointment! Wow, what a treat! Cindy did a good job and I felt more like me!

Came home. Went to check on Mom to make sure Dad made it home on time. They were both fine. Dad was on the phone talking with my sister Linda. Apparently, Linda told Dad about all the problems I have been having lately. (I didn't share them with Mom & Dad because it just upsets them & makes the worry). Linda even took exerpts from my blog and sent them to my Dad! At first, I was angry with Linda. Dad seemed pretty upset. But then slowly he started talking about hiring Gloria to come more hours to give he & I more help!! Yea!!!!! That's just what we both need!! yes! Ok, Linda, I forgive you and thanks!

Sooooooooo, that was my day today. Better, don't you agree??? My low burn anger is still there but it is not so significant (I think). I will continue my meds, try to get some good sleep and hope that each day will bet better!!

Good night all. Hope y'all sleep well.

Peace and Hope.

LCC

6 comments:

  1. I like it when you have better days. :D

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa it does me good to hear you are sleeping better. Linda is a jewel. Better keep her around for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. John, I can't wait for Linda and Michael to move here. They are due in October! Keep your fingers crossed! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda and I are great friends and she is a wonderful person. I love her. She loves you and your parents with all her heart. Its good that you have a break now with more help and even more help on the way.

    ReplyDelete