Monday, August 3, 2009

I'm glad today is over!

Woke up today and, wow, I can't remember!! Let's see, It's Monday. Ok, Mom was up and Dad was gone, I think?? I really don't remember much but I do remember that Gloria came around 9:00am.

Spoke briefly with Linda and Aimee.

I had coffee, bathed and ran to get Keith. Keith and I then went to the library to try to look up some legal stuff for the law suit that I filed against my ex (he's not paying the educational loan that I helped him get by cosigning- yes, I know, I shouldn't have done that, I'm stupid!!). So, I've been paying that loan for a long time!! Anyway, after about an hour or more at the library, I was tired. Legal jargon wears me out!! Keith and I came home and ate lunch. Then, we tackled the upstairs apartment!! We cleaned out another huge closet! Keith cleaned the old ceiling fans so perhaps I can sell them and get some money! I could use some money. During this time Mom had several incontinent accidents!! Ahhhhhh!

Later, Dad fed he & Mom dinner with food Linda & I cooked & froze. (Starting to run low on home cooked frozen food. Help!) I fed my animals. Walked White dog. Keith & I ate dinner. I did some Peer Volunteer work and now here I am.

One thing I haven't mentioned is that I've been angry all day!! It's getting harder and harder being angry! I don't want or like being angry. It wears me out! I'm hoping the new shrink that I plan to see the end of this month can help me with this anger/rage. Pray for me. I need prayers! And a break!!!

Sleep Well.

LCC

4 comments:

  1. Prayers are with you. Hope you slept well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Colleenmc. Please keep praying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ex is a cad...makes me really angry.

    In Australia we have legal aid. Do you guys have anything similiar? if you do make an appointment.

    You both have signed, yes? What would happen if you stopped making the payments?
    -Do you have assets? Does HE have assets? If he does, good. Does he have an income? If yes, write a letter to the organisation, explaining-even if he doesn't have an income
    still write the letter or go and see someone in their loans section
    -He was the recipient, he benefited from the loan. It's purpose was for him to study.
    You're unable to work and can't earn an income. Attach a medical letter.
    Your assets? If you own property and he doesn't...mmm good but not good in this situation. If this is the case STILL go and see them.
    If he has assets, list them.
    If he earns an income, name and contact details of company.
    That you can no longer make the payments because you need what money you have for health care.
    Give them his address and contact details and tell them to persue their payments from him.

    write this information out and mail it or better still, take it with you and make an appointment to go and see them.

    Organisations that give out loans, have a certain leeway/level of risk of their defaults built into the interest people pay.
    Plus they onsell their defaulted loans to other companies which purchase the loans and pay according to the risk factor.
    This means that what appears to be set in concrete doesn't always have to be.
    It would probably be best if you went and spoke to someone in the company, taking the information I listed above. It certainly wont hurt and maybe some good will come from it.

    You need to make the company aware to chase him for the money.

    There maybe other legal avenues that are available to you but I'm not familiar with USA contractual law. If the above doesn't help go and get some legal advice.

    I have a law degree from some years ago and haven't practiced for years. The above is what I would do first because it doesn't cost anything to try. I hope this has helped in some way.

    hugs from Australia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear no1daughter,
    No, he's not a cad, he's a gigolo!!
    Thanks so much for your advice. I have filed a law suit in small claims court. He has gotten an attorney and answered with "exceptions.". I tried to find these exceptions at the library but was pretty unsuccessful. My SIL was a criminal attorney years ago. She is coming in this Sunday to try to help me look up this stuff in the library. Please, keep your fingers crossed! And, thanks so much for caring.

    ReplyDelete