Sunday, August 16, 2009

Saturday pm/Sunday am

Woke up every early this morning around 6am to go to the bathroom. I was, also, having a bag dream (no, don't remember). Got up and did what I had to do then I couldn't go back to sleep. Finally, got out of bed about 6:25a. Let white dog and orange cat out. Then, fed them. Checked on Mom and Dad but they were still sleeping. Good!

Went back home and made some coffee. Yumm! Rolled some cigarettes and turned on the TV. Nothing was on, as usual, so I turned it off. Winston laid on the sofa next to me for me to pet him. So, I did. He LOVES to be petted!

I went on line to do some Peer Volunteer work. Things were kinda slow this am. Not too much happening. Also, decided to start looking for a bicycle and helmet. Gosh, I couldn't believe how many kinds of bikes there are and boy, do they get expensive! Wow, it was really wild!

I've been trying a start eating less. It is very difficult because I still don't get any real satisfaction from my food like I used to. I am constantly eating a little of this or that looking for just that right flavor. Most of the time, it never happens. My food is pretty blah!!!


Now, you have to understand that I'm from New Orleans. Good food is important here. Lots of good spicy dishes from all over the world are here made Louisiana style. There's no food like it anywhere in the world! One of the pleasures of living here is the food. Now, that's gone too! It really sucks!

Spoke with Linda and Aimee. Everything was fine in NJ and Atlanta. Good!

Later, Dad woke up. He didn't look good. I asked him what kind of night he and Mom had and he said terrible. Mom got up to use the BSC, fell (luckily, she wasn't hurt badly), urinated on the carpet, and of course couldn't get up. Dad struggled for a while and finally got her back in bed!!Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! Did he call me or come get me to help? NO !!! Dad and I have had this discussion over a dozen times. He promises to call me for help and the doesn't!!! It drives me soooooo crazy!! I was so angry and upset, I called Linda to vent!

Later, I tried to read some of this book "Alzheimer's from the inside out" but didn't get very far. It's complicated reading. I just got too frustrated! Later, I took a nap!

Linda and I were talking on the phone today and she had some interesting observations and thoughts after having read some postings on the AD message boards. She goes there to read and hopefully better understand AD/EOAD.
She said that she read the some of us (people with AD/Dementia) give out mixed signals to our Caregivers, families and friends. She say we talked about wanting to be treated as normal (whatever normal is) but that when people spoke too quickly or did things too quickly we got aggravated and wanted them to slow down. So, in fact, we need to be treated differently!! But, we hate the fact that we need to be treated differently. It was a very interesting observation on her part!

I guess we do give mixed signals because OUR signals are mixed up or because we get mixed signals. Also, our world is mixed up and every changing which requires us to continue changing and adapting to just keep up! It's very exhausting!! Others too continue to hide/cover up their problems/disease which makes everything even tougher on everyone! We (people with EOAD/AD/Dementia) need to be more upfront and verbal to our Caregivers about what our needs really are. We can't expect them to be mind readers of readers of our feelings which constantly change!

I wonder if there is a compromise there? Any thoughts, anyone?

Sweet Dreams!

LCC

No comments:

Post a Comment