Friday, August 7, 2009

A fairly good Friday

Hi. Woke up around 7:45am. Mom was still sleeping. Dad had eaten and was in the bathroom. Good. Time to take care of white dog and orange cat and make some coffee!

Dad came to let me know he was going to the post office then to walk in the mall. He said Mom had a bad night. She was up several times. The last time Dad found her on the floor!! Luckily, she didn't seem to be hurt. She kinda slid off the bed onto the carpet (thank God). But, did Dad call me or come and get me????? NO !!!!! Ahhhhhhh!!!
I can't seem to get him to understand to call me! It is so frustrating!!! He struggled for quite some time to get Mom up off the floor!! I just don't know what to do anymore. I feel like I'm talking to the wall!! Sometimes I feel like a want to slap him and say "Hey, you're an intelligent man, use your head!!!"

Well, of course I was upset when Dad told me what had happened. That slow burn of anger that I live with was starting to surface. I rushed Dad off to walk so that I didn't blast him out!! I almost bit my tongue off but at least I had a few moments of anger control. (It's getting harder and harder. Sometimes I don't have any control).

Mom continued sleeping like a baby so I grabbed another cup of cafe au lait! Even watched a little news on TV. Just as Gloria arrived, Mom rang her bell. Great timing! We got Mom up. Am Adls done. Meds given! It's a good start. I had some things to do at home so I kissed Mom and left!

Checked my e-mails. Did some Peer Volunteer work. Then, went to bathe/shower and get dressed and ready. I had plans to have lunch with an old friend. She & I had never been close but had always gotten along in a group.

Grace and I met at Houston's for lunch. I couldn't remember how many years it had been since I had seen her. (We attended the same high school). I had seen her a few times since high school. Lunch was fun. We had a salmon appetizer (delicious), iced tea (the house wine of the south), I had a burger and she had a steak salad. It was all very good. I can't say great because my taste buds are so off the very few things taste GREAT!

By the time I got home, Mom and Dad were home. Dad had taken Mom to get her hair done and then he had gone to the grocery. They were both doing fine.
Went back on line to do some more Peer Volunteer Work. Tried watching a little TV but it just aggravated me so I turned it off. Played my Nintendo (Brain Age games).

Dad had bought fried catfish for dinner. Great. Nice and easy!

Fed my animals then walked Winston. Man, was it hot! Heat index 104 and this was at 7pm!! Wow, I felt like I was melting like the wicked witch of the west!! Winston walked a bit but was glad to come back into the a/c!!

Watched "Gilda" on TCM. It's a great movie! Did more Peer Volunteer work. Now here I am again. I'm tired. I'm going to bed. sleep tight all.

Oh, Alexis is coming tomorrow afternoon! I'm so excited. I haven't seen her in a few weeks and I miss her. She's planning to spend the night! A girl's night together, how wonderful!

Peace and Hope,

LCC

No comments:

Post a Comment