Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sunday

I slept in today. Didn't get up until around 9:30am but knew Dad was home with Mom.

Jeff came over last evening to install my new ceiling fans up in the apartment. He installed one and then we watched a movie. Then, he installed the 2nd one. It was late when he left. I took my pm meds late so I guess that's why I slept so late.

Mom and Dad were up when I got up. They were OK but Dad was waiting me for so he could go shower. Mom, of course, was incontinent! What else is new?! Sometimes I feel sorry for her and sometimes I just get aggravated. I know I shouldn't, she has no control but sometimes I do anyway. I had an angry day yesterday. I think everything just got to me. I have more days like that now. It may be time to increase the Seroquel again?! I just don't know.

I love my Dad but he will pull me into helping him with Mom every time. And sometimes, I just need to be away from it all. I know that sounds selfish but that's how I feel. Since I was diagnosed in the fall of 2006 and lost my job, I've been taking care of Mom!! Yes, I have some help now but Dad still goes to work every day and I'm stuck here!! I'm tired of it and I want a life again! Do I sound like a terrible person?? I'm trying desperately to hold on until my sister & BIL move here in the fall but I getting tired and impatient!

Oh, I wanted to tell y'all about what happened Friday with Mom's stupid PCP and his office. Mom had labs drawn last Monday (her potassium had been low and we were giving her some potassium supplements). He was, also, supposed to be checking Mom for anemia. I called his office on Wed. am and left a message. Called again on Thurs. am, told them the importance of my call, about Mom's lab and potassium. ask the doctor to return my call. Of course, NO RETURN PHONE CALL FROM DOCTOR! Called Again, Fri. am, told the girl I wasn't getting off the phone until I spoke with Mom's doctor. She put me on hold, then came back on the phone and said "yes, your Mom's calcium is low". I said "Calcium??" She repeated "yes, Calcium is low." I said, listen is my Mom's calcium AND potassium low?? She said "NO" the she laughed and said "Oh, I meant Potassium" ( well, I was about ready to explode). She said "the doctor said take her Potassium supplements like before and repeat her labs next Monday. I told her again, I only have 4 potassium pills left. The doctor had ordered her to take 1 potassium pill 3x day for 2 days. She said she'd have to call me back!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Stupid, Stupid, lazy people!!!!!

Finally, received another call from "Doris" and told me to give Mom her potassium 2 x day for 2 days then repeat labs on Monday. Ahhhhhh!!!


Today, Sunday was OK.. Gloria came to stay with Mom while Dad and I went to Tulane Summer Lyric Theatre to see "South Pacific." (Dad's favorite). It stormed before we left but then the rain stopped and everything was OK. The play was great! Of course, I had to wear my ear plugs, but I did OK!! Dad seemed to really enjoy himself!! I was glad.

We Picked up chicken for dinner on the way home. Got home fed white dog and orange cat. Took Winston for his walk. Did some Peer Volunteer work. Now, here I am.
I'm tired. Think I'll take my pm meds now and hit the sack early. I supposed to pick up Keith tomorrow to help me work on the apartment.

Spoke with Aimee. She and Eric were working on Eric's office (stripping off old wallpaper).. Linda and Michael were OK too (the painter's finished) and they were moving thing back in. Soooo, all was well with my family today. Good!

Hope this week is better.

Peace and Hope,

LCC

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I would have wanted to jump down the phone and wring her neck arrrrgggHHH!!
    You're doing an amazing job but I hope you're planning a holiday or some me time for the fall, when your sister gets there. It's such a beautiful time of the year, all the colours...I can see a lake and beautiful trees and YOU having some time out.

    sending lots and lots of best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi no1,
    I did want to wring her neck. I am hoping to get a break when my sister & BIL come. Keep your fingers crossed!!

    ReplyDelete