Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wow, It's Wednesday already!

Hi to All. I don't know where the time has gone. I am having a garage sale this Saturday and it's been a little crazy getting ready! Renting tables, sorting things, organizing stuff, getting boxes, signs, permits. I'm sure I'm forgetting somethings but, oh well. Thank goodness for my friend Keith who has been helping me on his time off!

I have increased my Seroquel and it seems to be helping with my anger. I am taking 50mg XR in the am and 75mg regular in the pm. I feel a little better. Not quite so rageful although Keith says I still pretty irritable! lol.

White dog and orange cat are fine although they take up a lot of room in my king sized bed!! I was thinking about down-sizing to a queen bed when I move upstairs but I decided not to. The animals would take over my bed! lol.

Mom seems to be the same. Perhaps declining just a little. Since Gloria comes more often it's less stress on me which is what I really needed!! I still see and spend time with Mom daily but I don't have all the care! Mom seems to do well with Gloria so it's a real blessing!

Dad went to the doctor today to get his clearance for his other cataract surgery. Everything went well. His surgery is scheduled in a couple of weeks. Good.

Aimee is still dieting and exercising (and not real happy about it). Linda and Michael are still trying to get their house ready to put on the market. Jamey is OK but her grown children are still having relationship issues. It's very sad!

I've been trying to read this book called "Alzheimer's from the Inside out" by Richard Taylor. It's so difficult for me to read. It's a pretty good book but it's taking me forever to read it. Richard suffers with EOAD too. It's from his perspective. (No, the book is not on tape or CD).

I saw my migraine neurologist yest. She agreed with me that my migraines seem to be
under control with my change in meds. Funny, I had a migraine 2 days ago and again today but hadn't had many in a while. I wonder if it's the stress of the garage sale???

My life is still very lonely. Oh, I try to stay busy but..........Oh well, you know how it is to be alone! (It would be nice to have someone to hug me and hold me and tell me everything is going to be ok ). It sucks sometimes yet it's better than being with the wrong person.

I still love my Peer Volunteer work and I am active with the AD Assn. I'm trying to diet but it's tough. I still seem to be searching for something that really tastes good and hits the spot (no such luck lately).

I wonder how long I will be able to be on my own. It frightens me to think I will become dependent! My visual/spatial thing is getting worse. I am having problems with stairs. Sometimes, when driving I have problems distinguishing distance between cars and turns and stuff.

Well, I'm tired. I'm not sure why because I took a 3 hour nap today. lol.

Peace and Hope. Sleep well.

LCC

2 comments:

  1. Lisa,
    Everything is going to be ok. We will never meet but I would give you a hug any time you needed it. In 2005 when I was going through a difficult time with my daughter I wrote this song. Remembering where my help comes from even when I am alone has been a great comfort to me.
    Words only:
    http://idahostevens.com/idscom/?page_id=21

    In reading this missive, it takes me back to the bike or trike issue. You will need the trike in the event your balance momentarily leaves you. It is not good to crash a bike. I have times where my balance goes askew and I tilt to the right. It may be a left over from a mini stroke (TLA) that happened years ago.

    Peace and hope? Hope is all I can live on at times, but it does the job.

    Sleep well tonight.

    j

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, John. I'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete