Thursday, August 13, 2009

I still can't get no satisfaction!

Woke up this am late. Mom's door bell was ringing! Oh my God, did I over sleep? I jumped out of bed and put on a night gown. Gosh, it's 8:00am and I haven't heard anything from Mom!!
I ran to the door and it was G L O R I A!! yes!.. Let her in. Checked on Mom who had been asleep. She was telling me she thought the front door bell was ringing! (it was the back door) but who cares, she was OK and Gloria was here!

Gloria and I got Mom up. Did am ADLS. I gave her AM meds and left her in the good hands of Gloria! Wow, thank goodness I didn't screw up. Mom was OK and Gloria was there! Hoorah!

Went back home. Washed my face and brushed my teeth trying to wake up. Let white dog and orange cat out, then, fed them.

Ahh, time for coffee! Made myself some cafe au lait and went back to check on Mom. She and Gloria were fine. Good, I'll go back home and wake up.

Drank some coffee. Rolled some cigarettes. Yes, I still smoke. Can't seem to give up the nasty habit. But, I bought some good tobacco, some tubes and a rolling machine! Saves me LOTS of money. Cigarettes were getting too damn expensive! Soooo, I roll my own now. Please, don't fuss and lecture. I know I should quit. Dad, Aimee, Eric and Linda have quit! Most of my friends are non smokers but I can't seem to give it up!! I've tried several times unsuccessfully!!!

Ok, back to this am. I think Aimee called. She's doing OK. Dieting and exercising and frustrated but doing OK. Then, I called Linda. I can't remember if I talked with her or Michael but they're OK too. Good! Less to worry about!

Later, I received a phone call from Juliette with Dr. Harch's office. Oh, I had called him about a week ago re: an article I read about treating EOAD with Hyperbaric Oxygen. We spoke. The treatment is $8,000.00 which is NOT covered by insurance. It's $200 per treatment x 40 treatments! I could take one or two tx's per day. She said I could have my life back like before EOAD. I asked how but she really couldn't explain it other than the hyper oxygen could heal my brain. First, I got excited, then I thought to myself, how does oxygen heal or get rid of plaques and tangles (the hallmark of AD)???? I told Juliette I didn't have that kind of money. She told me to get together with a church and do a fund raiser to get the money. I asked if Dr. Harch had published in the New England Journal of Medicine, she said she didn't think so but that the had published a book called "Oxygen Revolution." I told her I'd get the book from the library. She said that the waiting period for an appointment was about 3-4 weeks. I thanked her and told her I'd be in touch!

Then, I called my sister Linda who was VERY excited until I explained everything to her. Oh, yea, she said. I will get Dr. Harch's book. He may really have something new to offer me but I have to check it out and talk with other patients and doctors!

Later, I did AM ADLs and went to my EOAD support group meeting which I really enjoyed! It was small and cozy but informative and fun.

I came home to have a salad. I was planning to go our shopping for a bike and helmet but Dad called and he was running late at work. Gloria had to leave so I stayed with Mom.

Did some Peer Volunteer work on the AD message Boards. Visited with Mom. Then Dad came home.

I checked my e-mails. Fed my animals and took Winston for a walk. Keith called. He wanted to go get a cocktail. I ate dinner and met him for a drink. He was blitzed! We had one drink together and then I came home. Now, I am having some Baileys Irish Cream on the rocks which is very good.

I realized tonight how lonely my life is! As I write this blog, my white dog is laying next to me on the sofa with his butt pressed next to my hip on the sofa sleeping. That's about the most contact I have now! How sad!!

Well, as Tommy used to say, "That's life in the Big Windy City!"

Peace, Hope and Good Sleep to All,

LCC

No comments:

Post a Comment