Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Not a good Tuesday.

I don't know what happened but I woke up this am and was very angry and agitated. God, it's a terrible way to wake up! I slept OK last night. I tried some slow, deep breathing but that did nothing but irritate me. Poor Keith was here and I think he got the brunt of my anger. I was supposed to go do some volunteer work at the AD Assn but I just couldn't. I felt like a would just bite everybody's head off. Elena called and I guess I was OK but not a happy camper.

Spoke briefly with Linda and Aimee. They're OK. Thank goodness!

I did file an amendment to the original law suit I filed against my ex (thanks to Terry and Keith). And I did receive a phone call from Gair (an attorney friend from the past) who said he'd help me if I needed him! That was good news.

I've decided to have a garage/yard sale on Sat. Aug.22nd. Keith and I got my permit today. Keith and I will just haul things down and out and I'll see what I can get!! The upstairs apartment just has too much stuff out to go through the last closet and then the kitchen. Soooooo, I need to get rid of some stuff. There will be some good bargains for a lot of garage sailers!!

Gloria just left for the day and Dad's not home yet. I think he had to go to the pharmacy to pick up some prescription for he and Mom. Mom only ate a banana for lunch. I asked her if she wanted something else. She said no because she's not hungry. Gloria said she and Mom have been walking in the great room and down the hall the last 2 days! Wow, I was really excited! Mom and I had discussed this over the weekend. She was complaining about getting weaker and not being able to walk and that her life sucked. I reiterated that "if you don't use it you loose it." She kinda got mad but then agreed. She said she would walk with Gloria (not me). I said, "Great." Apparently, she is doing what she said!

White dog is here with me sleeping on the loveseat! Simon is outside. I do miss my little yorkie named Rudy (he's with my ex).

That's all the news for now.

Peace and Hope,

LCC

3 comments:

  1. Some days I feel like the windshield. Some days I feel like the bug. Some days I choose which it is.

    Relax and sleep well. You have many great friends looking out for you. They understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa, I was wondering if there is any chance you help get the word out about the following research project. People definitely like to get paid for their opinions; however, they typically need some reassurance that it is legit and not a scam. If you wanted to take a minute to call me and/or call, for example, my church and verify with any of the pastors or most of the staff there that knows what I do for a living, that would only take a minute; then maybe you could post the following on your forums adding in that you checked up on us or just that you know we're legit. My church is First Baptist of Jensen Beach which you can look up online or you can take my word that their website is fbjb.com and phone is 772-334-2202. Senior Pastor Paul Thompson or Associate Pastor John Thompson or Worship Pastor Steve Chambers would all be able to tell you first hand that they've known me for about 6 years and that they know tons of people (including them and their wives, I'm pretty sure) who have gotten paid for their opinions and time only with no sales pitch at all ever. Sorry for this crazy midnight private message, but I just hate posting things and then being called a spammer...it comes off so much better from a trusted source (like you) than from me as a stranger. Call me if you want to discuss. I'm down in Jensen Beach, FL at 772-232-9295. We are getting some help from Kathy at knowitalz.com and Joan at thealzheimerspouse.com who both participated as well as many of their members. You can see the study posted right on the front page of both of those sites. We still need several hundred more cargivers to participate though. Thanks! Jeff


    MAKE YOUR OPINIONS COUNT AND RECEIVE $50!
    DoNow Research, a nationwide marketing research firm, is currently seeking feedback from people helping to care for their spouse, parent, sibling, or friend who has or is suspected to have mild-moderate Alzheimer’s.
    As a thank you for your participation, you will receive a gift of $50 to complete a 45-60 minute online survey. If you do not have internet access, we can possibly make accommodations to meet you somewhere. Please keep in mind that this is not a sales pitch of any kind. You will only be giving your opinions about CARING FOR A LOVED ONE WITH ALZHEIMER’S in order to have a voice in care/treatment options of the future.
    Please contact DoNow Research today to go over the quick qualifying questions by typing the following link into your browser: http://donowresearch.com/alz or call us at 772-232-9295 to go over the quick qualifying questions and to schedule your spot in the study; and/or please pass the word to anyone who may be qualified and interested.

    ReplyDelete