Monday, August 31, 2009

The Last day in August

Hi. Dad did well with his cataract surgery! Yes! He actually took a nap after I got him home. Gloria stayed with Mom so everything worked out OK. I fed Mom & Dad lunch and dinner. Cleaned up kitchen. Put out trash! (Keith helped). Whew. Fed Keith and I and the white dog. Simon hasn't come home yet. I'm tired.

I picked up Keith today. He and I worked on the upstairs apartment. God, We worked a few hours and still there's a lot of stuff up there. We packed up Mom's depression glass (she can't bear to part with it). Put more stuff in an already stuffed attic. Have to try to get everything off the floors to be able to get the new floors laid!

Dad's gone to bed. He's tired. Mom doesn't want to go to bed yet. Yikes, she drives me bonkers sometimes!

Keith's watching Monday night football loudly! (he's getting deaf too) Ahhh, I'm over-stimulated! Too much noise and commotion today!!! My nerves are frazzled!!
Mom's tv is soooooooo loud that it's competing with the TV here! I'm going looney woo woo!! (family joke).

Well, I can't take my meds until I put Mom to bed so I'll just have to deal with all this noise! God, help me!!! I just had to ask Keith to turn down the tv. I just can't take it! Sometimes, I feel guilty because Keith helps me a lot and he doesn't have cable at his house. I would tell him to go watch tv in the bedroom that he sleeps in when he's here but there's no tv in there! And, I don't want him in my bedroom (I can be such a witch sometimes, huh?)

I'm just a little stressed and I'd like to take my meds and go to bed but I can't!

I'm sorry to be so witchy!

I'll change the subject. I ordered a book from the library called "Who moved MY Cheese?" by Spencer Johnson, M.D. I got through a few pages but I have soooo much trouble reading. It's really terrible not being able to read!! I wish Aimee or Linda were here to read to me. (This book did not come on tape or CD) I thought almost all books did but they don't!! It's a real drag when they don't! Anyway, this book is supposed to help people adapt to change. I hope it can help me adapt to all my changes!

I was doing my Peer Volunteer work on the AD Message Boards earlier and someone started a thread called "Does anyone with AD ever adapt?" Interesting, I think my EOAD requires me to adapt almost every day sometimes every hour in some form or another. I don't think one can just adapt and then that's it. EOAD/YOAD is a monster that requires constant attention. IT feeds on constant attention. It forces its captors to forget many things in order to give IT the attention it requires!! When someone tries NOT to give IT the attention is desires, IT robs its captor of everyday things, memories, and even thinking! IT'S an all consuming MONSTER!!

Wow, I was getting kinda heavy there! My roller coaster is going faster and faster, twisting and turning. It even jumps the track sometimes trying to get me to let go or fall off! Thank goodness I seem to have a good grip so far. My meds help. And, my family helps by holding me in my seat sometimes. Those extra hands are really necessary sometimes!! I so blessed to have a warm, loving family!!

Wow, I'm so tired and Mom's wide awake.

I gotta go now.

"Sometimes Dead is better."

Hurry home, Linda!


LCC

3 comments:

  1. In all honesty, I think you are doing great with all the things that are getting thrown at you. You handle things better than some people without AD. Kudos to you. But I know that the stress is so much to bear sometimes. You need a break. Linda will be there soon. I hope then that you will be able to relax, sleep later and take more breaks in the day. I know with my busy schedules, I try my best and get frazzled too. We all do. Get some sleep and have sweet dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, BC. Hope you sleep well too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how you do it, but my prayers and thoughts are with you. You keep on keeping on. I admire you.

    ReplyDelete