Friday, July 31, 2009

I'm Glad it's Friday

Woke up around 7:15am. Julie and Barbara were still sleeping. Let animals out and fed them. Did Am ADLS. Went to check on Mom.

Dad was having breakfast at the breakfast bar. He said Mom had a bad night but was sleeping now. (Several Incontinent accidents he said). Suddenly, Mom's bell started ringing and I went in her bedroom. She was hanging off the bed (no bottoms on), urine was everywhere! Was unable to lift her so I helped her down to the floor. Called Dad and he & I got Mom back on the bed. Poor Mom, she was a mess! Finally got her cleaned up and changed and wheeled her to her recliner. Dad got her coke and water. I got her am meds. Went back to clean everything up, wash sheets, scrub carpet and dust ruffle on bed. Later, I smelled something foul in Mom's foyer and Josey (their cat) had pooped in there. Cleaned and scrubbed the foyer. Washed the sheets and changed the pads on the bed. Whew!! What a way to start the day!

Went home to make myself some coffee. Found white dog had urinated on MY carpet!! Ahhhhhh! What's going on???!!! Cleaned and scrubbed MY carpet the went back to be with Mom. She had another urinary accident!! Cleaned her up again. Julie and Barbara woke up and went to breakfast. Finally, Gloria arrived. Sweet Gloria, she had brought Mom McD's egg & sausage wrap for breakfast!! Mom was excited. That's what she felt like eating today. Good! Gave Gloria an update and went home.

I called Linda. She was going to have tests done today plus the painters were there again ready to paint her living room and dining room and finish the kitchen. Then, Keith called to just say hi. Julie and Barbara returned to pack up and say goodbye. The left for Texas!!

I had laundry to do. Sheets, towels, clothes. Gloria left @ noon. She wasn;t gone 15 minutes when Mom had another accident!! Poor Mom, I had to clean her up all over again!! Did some Peer Volunteer work. I was tired. I am still tired but not sleepy.

I don't know if I told y'all this but I finally made an appointment to see a shrink. My sister Linda thought it would be a good idea to help me deal with the anger and losses. Guess what?? Lenny, my pcp, found a shrink on my insurance plan. I called to make an appointment and the first thing I was told was that I had to give them a credit card and the info. so that if I didn't show for the appointment or cancel at least 24 hours prior to the appointment, they would charge my credit card $250.00!!! Wow, how medicine sure has changed!! I was shocked!! I said, well, don't you even want to know what insurance I have? The woman said yes later! She gave he an appointment in about a month and took my credit card information and then my insurance stuff. Healthcare is America!!! Ahhhhhh! It sucks!

Spoke with Aimee. She and Eric were going to run errands today and grocery. It was Eric's flex day off!


Well, I'm tired as usual..... I'm gonna take my night time meds now. Hopefully, I'll get some good sleep!

Sleep tight All! "Sometimes dead is better!"

LCC

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I forgot to tell y'all about the mix up with Mom's doctor and her lab work. I'll try to remember to tell you tomorrow cuz I don't know how to edit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa,
    My Shrink has a sign posted that if we don't call 24 hours in advance, they will charge $50.00 for the missed appointment. Two weeks ago I was at the emergency room with my daughter and grandbaby, she was sick. I called because that was my appt. time, she said don't worry about it & even called me to let me know it was ok. Maybe find a different shrink with a little more feelings.

    Sharon From The ALZ Board

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Sharon! Hope your grandbaby is ok!

    ReplyDelete