Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Aimee is coming tomorrow!

I can't wait! My daughter Aimee and my SIL Eric are coming tomorrow. Also, they are bringing my granddog Turtle. I'm very excited!

Woke up today and Mom was still sleeping. Did AM ADLS. Checked on Mom several times but she was still sleeping. Dad was out walking in the mall, going to the post office and later I found out he went to the discount pharmacy.

White dog went out and ate breakfast. Orange cat came in and ate his breakfast too. Made cafe au lait. Called groomer and set up to bring Winston in as soon as Dad returned.

When Dad returned home he told me that Mom had had 2 incontinent episodes last night and this am. As we were talking she had another. Later, another!! Ahhhhhh! Poor Mom, but I am so tired!! No help today. I'm on my own.

Brought Winston to groomer. Unfortunately, I can't groom him myself. His hair is much too long for summertime and this heat!! Plus, he's getting the itchees again! Dad went to work.

I'm trying not to focus on the negatives. But Mom's feet are swelling. I called her MD and will take her tomorrow or Friday for blood work. Mom has not been keeping her feet elevated like before. That may have something to do with the swelling. Now, I'm encouraging her to keep her feet elevated while in her recliner and also added a pillow underneath! Will have to watch this!!

As for me, I'm tired as usual. I have been trying to find a way to get samples or discounted Seroquel and Seroquel XR. I'm in the medication gap and have to pay for all my prescriptions now. Seroquel is very expensive!! Lots of medications I take are very expensive. Part of me wants to stop all these meds and just say the heck with it! Then, another part of me who loves my family and friends says I owe it to them to stay as well as I can so I don't become a burden!

Sometimes, I just don't know anything!!

Peace and Hope.

1 comment: