Friday, July 3, 2009

" A better Day"

Last night around 9:30pm Dad came over to get help. Mom had fallen again and was on the floor in the bathroom (luckily it's carpeted) and he couldn't get her up. Thank God she wasn't hurt (it's a miracle). After several tries, I finally got her up and in bed! (She was weak as a kitten.) Of course, my back was broken!

Woke up this am only to find out from Dad that Mom had another fall around 4:00am but that he didn't want to wake me and it took him about 20 minutes to get her back into bed! He really makes me mad when he doesn't call me for help in the middle of the night!!! AAAhhh! That's why I'm here! That's why I live next door to help with emergent things!! I can't get that through Dad's thick head! He bothers me for stupid things and not for things like that !! I could just SCREAM!!!!!!

Anyway, got Mom up and onto her throne. Got her coke, water and meds! Good, all the meds went down ok. She seemed tired and down today (perhaps from the falls?). Made my coffee and Dad came in from walking in the mall. He had gone to C's discount pharmacy to pick-up a few things and had forgotten Mom's prescriptions! So, he went back to get them. Later, I fed Mom breakfast (a McD's breakfast burrito). She ate it all! It's about the only thing she really enjoys now. I buy a few at a time and heat them up. I used to cook but she prefers them! OK that great, I just have to remember to keep a supply handy. Dad came back and I was able to go take a quick bath/shower.

Later, when I was helping Mom get dressed and ready to go get her hair washed and blow dried, Dad came home and took over. I was glad because I had made plans to have lunch with my friend Kendall today. This would give me a little time to get ready!

Kendall and I had a great time at lunch. She and I have been friends since high school. We laughed and talked. It was fun!! (I hadn't seen her in awhile.)
After lunch, I ran a couple of errands and came home. (WOW, was it HOT! I could barely breathe!) My car never cooled off! I was sweating like a pig! It was gross!! Ick! Double ICk!!

Came home. Checked on Mom and Dad. They were ok. Decided to go on line to find out about Hoyer Lifts. I think that's what I'm going to have to get to help Dad and I get Mom off the floor when she falls! I know what you all are thinking..... "Fall Prevention". I have tried and tried and it's just impossible! Like last night, she fell off the toilet.. one minute she was fine then just got weak and slid off! She was on the floor before Dad could stop her!

Did some Peer Volunteer work on the AD Message Boards. All of a sudden got so tired I had to lay on the sofa and then I feel asleep! Luckily, Dad had bought them dinner at the grocery ..Fired catfish, mac n cheese, spinach. Dad heated their dinner while I slept. Sometimes, I feel guilty about everything Dad has to do when I don't do it. But, today I was tired. I didn't feel too guilty! Some but not too bad! lol .

Checked on them when I woke up. Everything was ok (thank god). Fixed and ate dinner myself. Fed my animals. Later, took Winston for a walk! (still hot as hades). Did more Peer Volunteer stuff. Talked with my cousin Jamey and my friend Donna on the phone. Today was definitely "A better Day."
Now, I'm writing this blog!! I'm tired again so I'll say good night. (Mom and Dad just went to bed!)

Hope you all have a great 4th of July tomorrow. Wish us luck. I am taking Mom and Dad across the lake to be with family/friends. Mom's been looking forward to going. Please, keep your fingers and toes crossed! I pray I can handle all this well. I hope I wake up tomorrow and am able to drive safely!! Mom and Dad are counting on me. Plus, I would love to see all the Roubions!! It should be fun!

Pleasant Dreams.

LCC

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa, My mom had a similar problem and the cause was a medication that she was no longer large (weight wise) to take. It was a blood pressure med and once it was stopped she was less unsteady and also less distressed mood wise. From Mrs NO she became, ok I'll go along. Don't know if this applies to your mom. However, I do believe the Hoyer lift is a good idea because it is important for peace of mind to have a solution. that's my idea anyway. Hope you have a great 4th of July, I know you'll do fine and I hope we'll have as much fun as you do tomorrow. Peace, Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Colleen, Thanks for the tip. I think Dad & I stopped her bp med already. Have a safe and happy 4th!
    LCC

    ReplyDelete