Monday, July 27, 2009

Oh no, it's Monday!

OMG I overslept today! Apparently Dad got Mom up, gave her coke & water and went to the post office. I didn't hear a thing!

A little before 9:00am I heard Mom's doorbell ring! I jumped out of bed and rand down the hall only to realize I did have anything on so I called to Mom that I heard the doorbell and that I was coming and thru a nightgown on and raced to answer the door! Luckily, it was Gloria. Oh, I forgot it was Monday. Gloria comes from 9 - 12 noon. Oh thank goodness, because I was a confused wreck!!

I couldn't believe I slept soooo late. I didn't go to bed late. I don't know what happened?? I slept a lot this weekend too. I guess I'm just getting old!! lol.

Went back home. Did am ADLS. Checked on Mom. Gave her AM meds then let Gloria take over! Made some coffee. Aimee called and checked in. I called Linda then Jamey called. Everyone is OK!!

Then, I had to get ready to pick up Keith. He's coming to help me work on the upstairs apartment! Picked up Keith. We had to go to pick up some supplies, then the heavens opened. We waited a while. Then had to get back as Dad was staying with Mom (lunchtime) while I picked up Keith.

Keith and I came back to the house. We worked with Dad a while in the storage area under the stairs. Got it cleaned out and ready. Then, Keith & I went in my 2nd bedroom to clean out that closet. After that, we headed upstairs to clean out a large closet up there to eventually make room for my stuff! Keith moved stuff from the upstair's closet to my closet as there were some things Linda wanted. Now, we have stuff everywhere! I called Judy (Mom's maid) and left a message to see if she wants any of this stuff before we give it to charity. Checked on Mom several times. Fed her lunch. Asked if she needed to use the BSC. She said "no."

A little while later Mom rang her bell and I went over to see about he but she had already had an incontinent accident. Sooooooooooo, cleaned Mom up. Changed her into her pj's and robe, and started the laundry.

Dad fed he and Mom and Keith and I ate burgers. Fed my animals and took Winston for his walk. Later, did some Peer Volunteer work on the AD Message Boards.

OMG, I just realized I forgot about Mom's laundry from earlier! I gotta run! Gotta see if I can save the laundry I did earlier.

Peace and Hope to All.

LCC

3 comments:

  1. I hope you had a better Tue and Wed is almost upon us so lets give it our best. That is all we have after all.
    Little story: A week ago I was feeling rather tired and my 4 yr old grandson ask for me to sit on the swing while he played in the dirt. A short time later he ask if we could go to the mall. I told him I would "think about it". A few minutes go by and he says, "Grandpa have you thought about it yet?" I replyed, "No, not yet." So he says. "Grandpa let me think about it for you." And so he gets this thinking face on and mutters "think, think" a few times and says,,, "Grandpa. I have thought about and we are going to the mall."

    Yup. We went to the mall and it did me some good. I don't know what the moral to this story is but it was a hoot having somebody doing the thinking for me this once.

    I think you should have a great day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, thanks for sharing. What a delightful story about your grandson. I agree it would be nice to have someone do my thinking for me sometimes! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was my pleasure to make you laugh.

    ReplyDelete