Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A New Day!

Hi, I am trying to have a new perspective on my life. Let's see. I am 55 years old, widowed, have EOAD, live alone, take care of my Mom who has AD, and now I'm fat!

I guess I could be older than 55. Widowed, well, there's not much I can do about that (and as I've said before I think I have make poor choices when it comes to men so perhaps I'm better off alone).

I have EOAD/YOAD. Well, I'm still pretty high functioning so I guess that's a plus!

I live alone. That is a pro and a con. I do require a lot of calm, quiet time so perhaps if I lived with someone that would be a problem. huh?

I take care of my Mom with AD. Recently, we have increased the sitter a bit so maybe that will help.

I'm fat! Well, I HATE being fat but truthfully I'm not starving. Since most food doesn't taste that great, I still enjoy some sweets! I guess I need to get on the stick and start dieting and increasing my exercise. I just can't seem to stay motivated!

I guess there are a lot of people out there much worse off than me!!


I still have my family and a few friends!!! And, I have my Peer Volunteer work, I volunteer when I can at the AD Assn, and love my animals!!

Such is Life!

LCC

2 comments:

  1. Have you heard of sparkpeople.com; it's a nice, free, diet/exercise/motivation spot with lots and lots of info and friends to make...you can join 'teams' and there are even some teams for caregivers like yourself. I enjoy it a lot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen, thanks for sharing. I have not heard of sparkpeople but I plan to go there now!

    ReplyDelete