Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thursday's child had far to go!

Well, got up around 7:15am (Didn't go to bed until midnight). Dad was already gone (went to work) and Mom was awake. Helped her to bathroom to do ADLs. She was weak today. Wheeled her to her throne. Got her Coke and H20 and gave her AM meds. She looks pale and tired today. She has an appointment with her PCP this afternoon. Dad will take her because I have an EOAD support group meeting today. Also, I can't stand Mom's PCP. He's a jerk!

Made myself some cafe au lait and fed my animals. Then, visited with Mom. Made her some pancakes and syrup for breakfast. She snarffed them down! Good! I like to see her enjoy some food! She, of course, had an episode of urinary incontinence. After getting her cleaned and changed Gloria arrived! Gloria is my savior some days! I was already tired and the day had just begun! Updated Gloria then went home. Aimee called. Then I spoke with Linda. Then, it was time to bath/shower and get ready for my meeting.

Left home and took the usual route to the AD Assn. Unfortunately, the main road (causeway) was blocked off. I had to pull over. I couldn't figure out how to get to the AD Assn. I had forgotten my GPS at home. Luckily, I had Elena's phone number in my purse, called her and she gave me step by step directions to the meeting. I was late but made it!! (Slightly stressed).

Had a good, long meeting. Only 5 people showed but it was enjoyable! Was able to vent some of my frustrations. I still suffer with a low grade anger. It may be time to increase my Seroquel??? I'm going to give it a few more days.

Called my PCP. Asked for a referral to a psychiatrist. I can't seem to get rid of this frustration and anger. Perhaps a shrink who works with AD/dementia patients can help me??? I need some help. I hate living with this anger! It's so "not me!"
But, I guess it is me NOW! Wow, that really sucks to think that that's the way I am now! I really dislike angry people and now I'm one of them!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Fed Mom and Dad dinner. Fed my animals then myself. Nothing good on the tube. Did some Peer Volunteer work. Walked Winston. Now, here I am. Tired as usual but NOT sleepy. I took a diet pill this am. I hate being fat. I've gotta start taking some of this weight off.

Tomorrow night is Rock-n-Bowl with the AD Assn! It's a fundraiser! I'm looking forward to it. Good, Something to look forward to. Although most of my friends that said they were going have cancelled at the last minute. Isn't that always the way it goes. You really can't depend on anyone!! And that really sucks!!!

Sleep Well.

"Sometimes dead is better," S. King

LCC

2 comments:

  1. I hope you go to the rock-n-bowl and have a great time. Its good to get out.

    ReplyDelete