Thursday, July 9, 2009

Another OK Thursday

Woke up around 7:30am. Did am ADLS. Checked on Mom and she was still sleeping. (good) I can make myself some coffee and wake up. Let white dog out and orange cat in. Then fed them breakfast. Julie woke up and went to shower. Checked on Mom again and she was still snoring! Good. That gives me a little more time to get myself together.

Aimee called to let me know she was pet sitting and that she was OK. It's always good to talk with my baby! (I know, she's 31 and not a baby. But, she'll always be MY baby).

Went to check on my Mom again. She wasn't in her bed. I looked around in the bathroom, no Mom. Went into her living room and there she is sitting in her recliner! "Mom, what are you doing up by yourself" and "why didn't you ring your bell?" Mom looks confused and said "I don't know. I got up and held on to the transport chair and walked myself here." "I forgot about the bell and I didn't know where you were." (Oh well, take some deep breaths, she's ok). Julie got Mom her coke and water and I gave her the morning pills. Shortly after that Barbara woke up. We visited, then Gloria came.

Julie and Barbara took off the run errands. I went home to bathe/shower and get ready for my EOAD support group meeting. Spoke with my sister, Linda. Called Alexis to see if she was coming today. No, she wants to come Saturday. OK, Saturday!! Then, started getting ready. It takes me a lot longer to get ready now-a-days. Putting on my make-up (which used to be almost rote) takes even longer now. (Sometimes, my hands shake. That's better since I take clonazepam but it's not completely gone). But, I decided I would try to look presentable for our meeting today.

The EOAD meeting was fun and we had a pretty good turn out. We celebrated Patrice's 48th Birthday with cake and singing. It was fun! But, it was, also, sad as Patrice is declining. She's soooo young and it's just sad!

Came home. Went on line to do some Peer Volunteering on the AD Message Boards. After about 15 mintues, I felt that my A/C wasn't working too well. Checked the thermostat only to find it was off! Everything was completely off! I tried to re-set it but to no avail. Then, I did the circuit breakers. Nothing!! Ahhhh! It's 98 degrees outside. I've got to have A/C!!! Called the A/C man, Ed Willis. He came about 1 1/2 hours later. Luckily, the a/c was just clogged up! He flushed it all out and we changed the filter. (I had just changed the filter on June 16th and it was already dirty!) Ed said that it's normal when it's hot like this. The A/c hardly ever stops running. Thank God, it wasn't anything serious or too expensive. God Bless you, Ed for coming so quickly and taking care of the problem!

(It's about 10:55pm now and it's still 80 something degrees outside!!)

I have been noticing that I can't handle watching much TV anymore. And, the volume has to be low! No one seems to understand this! They, also, don't seem to understand my anger. I don't know what to say. I can't help my emotions!

Barbara and I fed Mom and Dad leftovers from Julie's wonderful dinner last night. Later we picked up some Chinese Food.

Julie and Barbara leave tomorrow to go back to Houston. I will miss them but I think I need some quiet! Some down time! Of course, I'm sure that in a few days I'll feel lonely again!! Oh well, such is life!!

Time to go to bed. Of course, I'm not sleepy yet!

LCC

2 comments:

  1. Lisa, I was just talking to my wife Pen telling her about you. I mentioned your anger and she misted up and said she understood. She gets frusterated because she can't remember stuff like she used to.( Did I tell you I just got my stuff together? Problem is I forgot where I put it.) Sometimes that is a joke. Sometimes it is not.

    Today has been a really depressed day. Generally it only lasts for a hour or so but happiness took its time showing up today. I understand the feeling of not understanding "why do I get this way?". The answer evades me most of the time. One of the pieces I wrote some time back has been running through my mind today.
    http://idahostevens.com/idscom/?page_id=21
    It was written during a low spot in 2005 and remains valid today.

    May you have a great Friday. (Its Friday but Sundays a coming.) I love that line.

    Good nite.
    john

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your good thoughts, John. You hang in there too!

    ReplyDelete