Friday, July 10, 2009

A Tough Friday!

Woke up around 7am. Did am ADLS. Let animals out then fed them. Checked on Mom and she and Dad were already up! Dad had gotten her coke and water. I gave her am meds.

Went next door to make myself some coffee as Dad was there with Mom. After a few sips of coffee, Mom was hungry. I made her some pancakes with syrup. She seemed to be enjoying them. Went next door to check on things. Barbara had gotten up and was with Mom.

A couple of minutes later, Barbara called stating Mom had had an accident. Shortly after cleaning Mom up, Julie woke up and notices that Mom's cat Jonesy had pooped by Mom's back door. Cleaned that up. Re-heated Mom's breakfast on;y to find that white dog had vomited on my carpet! Ahhhhhh! What a morning! I cleaned that up too!!

Later, Dad was at work and Mom was tired so I put her to bed. I had to wake her about 11:45am and get her cleaned up and ready to get her hair done. Dad was taking her to that! Good!

Tried again to get an appointment with the groomer for Winston but again NO LUCK! He was very itchy. ( He's part poodle and part bichon). So I had to bathed Winston with his special shampoo (boy, it kills my back to bathe him). He was still very itchy even after some benadryl. So I called the vet. He could see him @ 4:15pm.

Spoke with Aimee and Linda on the phone. Jamey too!

Apparently, one of the cats went upstairs and peed in the bed. Had to strip and clean the bed and wash sheets and blankets! Ahhhhh! Was doing laundry on both sides! What a day!!

Went on line to do some Peer Volunteer work with the AD Assn. Tried to keep Winston from biting himself to pieces. Vet time. The vet had an emergency so we had to wait. An hour later, Winston was seen! He got shots, pills and ear cleaning! Of course, it cost a fortune!! Poor Winston, he was a good boy! He got treats when we came home. Then, I went next door to check on Mom and Dad. I took out the left over chinese food from last night. Instructed Dad on how to heat it and went to lay down.

Ended up sleeping 2 1/2 hours on my sofa! Wow, I must have been pretty tired!

Woke up. Checked on Mom and Dad. Everything was OK. Fed my animals and took them out!
Then, I ate. Watched a little of Harry Potter on tv (I love Harry Potter). Then, went back on line to do some more Peer Volunteer work! Now, I'm blogging!

It's now 10:55pm. I'm tired but not sleepy! (Can't imagine why I'm not sleepy! lol). Today was a tough Friday! I just can't seem to keep up! Ahhhh, such is life!!

I hope I sleep tonight. Wish me luck!

LCC

4 comments:

  1. Wow what a day! I was exhausted just reading that. I hope you were able to get some much needed rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is Sunday night and Monday is a coming. You have a good week and may the animals find there litter boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a day at our house--the two oldest dogs have health problems that cause them to need to go out every hour or two, so there's always something to clean up when I get up....and the cats, well, there are a lot of them, and they make messes too....

    And when you've got other family members needing your help, things seem magnified. But I know that on my really bad days, hugging the animals is what gets me through!

    ReplyDelete