Saturday, July 4, 2009

Independence Day 2009!

Well, was awakened today by my cell phone ringing and ringing @ 5:45am. At first, I thought it must be a wrong number. Then, after about 3 calls in a row, I decided to answer it! Yep, wrong number!! Ahhhh! Don't people listen to the voice mail??? I guess not.

Got up did am ADLS and made some cafe au lait. Checked and Mom and Dad were still sleeping (thank goodness). Let out Winston and let in Simon who had stayed out all night! Gave them some dry good then sat on the sofa to vegetate and wake up. After my second cup of java and Mom and Dad were still sleeping, I decided to try to go back to sleep (which I did for about an hour). Yes!

Aimee called to wish me a Happy 4th! It was good to speak with her. We're both lonesome for each other. She and Eric are working on their house (de-wall papering and re-painting Eric's office). Later, I called Linda and Michael to wish them a happy 4th. Jamey, also, called. Eveything was quiet there! good!

Later, Dad got up and was eating breakfast. He told me Mom had a bad night and several accidents including in the bed. (He had covered things with a towel so she could go back to sleep). Went to check on Mom. She was awake and ready to get up. Changed her then helped with AM ADLS then wheeled her to her recliner. Got her coke, water and AM meds. All good! Mom appeared weak and depressed. Went back into their bedroom to strip the bed and wash the sheets! Luckily, I was able to help MOM to the bsc next to her chair. (we made it in time!) yes! Later, I heated her breakfast and in the middle of her eating it, she had another bm accident. Well, such is life! Got her cleaned up again, hands washed, and she went back to eating breakfast! She and I talked a bit and she said she could NOT make the trip across the lake today. She was having too many accidents and would be embarressed. (can't spell today).

We cancelled the trip. I think Mom and Dad were disappointed.Mom more than Dad. I felt badly for Mom but there wasn't much I could do about it. Did the laundry. Re-made their bed. Then, Dad came home with the finger sandwiches we had ordered to bring with us to the party. We had some serious eating to do! lol. Hopefully, I can freeze some of them. Dad was home with Mom so I went home.

Went on line to do some Peer Volunteer work. The boards were slow today. I guess because of the holiday. Ate some finger sandwiches. Watched some of the "Twilight Zone" marathon on the SciFi channel and feel asleep. Slept on and off. Winston and Simon slept too. (That was nice).

Woke up. Checked on Mom and Dad. All was well. Fed my animals then ate a salad myself. Now Craving something good and sweet!! lol. (That's really all that tastes good these days!).

Hope everyone had a good and safe holiday or should I say Holiday weekend!

Aimee & Eric are coming on the 16th. I can't wait! Jamey is supposed to some in on Monday. And Julie and Barbara will come in from Texas on Tuesday. Things could get pretty crazy!!!
Spoke with Dad briefly about increasing the sitter (if she's available). He didn't say NO so that's a good start. Will see what happens!! Pray for me!

Have a restful night!

Peace and Hope,

LCC

LCC

3 comments:

  1. Lisa, you have a good evening you hear?
    I turned 66 today. My grandson and I will enjoy the fireworks later this evening. His grandmother and I are raising him and he is a great little 4 year old.

    "Don't worry. Be happy". Words from a song that just popped into my head.

    john

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, John! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It only seems like yesterday that I got off the Ark.

    ReplyDelete