Wednesday, July 1, 2009

It's the 1st of July!

Woke up early yesterday and today. Have been having some not-so-nice dreams (especially about my ex). I kinda thought he was out of my head now but I guess not out of my dreams! ick!
Mom slept in today and Dad actually got her up and into the living room and into her recliner! Wow, it was a nice break for me. Dad seemed stressed this am and Mom seemed a little down. Sat and visited with Mom a while. Sometimes, it's difficult having to repeat things over and over! (Oh, that's right. Mom and I both have AD. It makes life interesting!!) Gave her meds and breakfast. She did OK!

I think I'm a little down myself today. Perhaps I'm tired from working with Keith this weekend on the apartment?? Or is it that I haven't been sleeping as well with all those DREAMS???? Or is it that my life kinda sucks sometimes and I just get tired of it?? Or, is it a combination of all these factors???? I vote for a combination of things, I think.

My sister called me today and got me excited about her coming to visit for 2 weeks at the end of August because the fares were down!! But, she waited and didn't book a fare right away and all the discounted flights were sold out! Oh, well. Such is life. Bummer!! I am excited because my daughter and her hubby and my granddog are coming to visit for 4 days in July! I can't wait!!!!

White dog and Orange cat are both here with me sleeping on the sofas! They make me very happy!! They are good boys! I can't figure out where my head is at today. Earlier, I e-mailed my Senators to vote for the Full funding of the LifeSpan Respite Care Act (PL 109-442). It was voted into law in 2006 but has not been Fully Funded yet. We need them to Fully Fund this Bill! If you are interested in helping, please contact YOUR local Senators! Thanks.

As for me, I'm just hanging with Mom and doing some laundry. It's very hot outside! Most of my friends are working. I did speak with my cousin Jamey. Things are not going well with her family. It makes me so sad. I love those kids so much!

Well, as for me I'm just hanging out and taking care of Mom. Aimee called and she's got some sort of stomach bug! Poor thing! I'm sitting here wishing and dreaming that my life was different, but it's not!!! As my sister says, "It is what it is." (But, I don't have to like it!!!!)

Did some Peer Volunteer work on the message boards (I always enjoy that). Ooops, I forgot to take something out for dinner. Gotta run now and be creative in the kitchen! Gotta feed Mom and Dad!!

Peace.

"Sometimes, dead is better."

LCC

2 comments:

  1. Lisa,
    Some days can be real bummers even for me. My brain does not function at times and it is frustrating. Effects of diabetes I am told. I wrote a piece some time back and keep in mind the following part.

    "Every morning I wake up is a good day.
    Every morning I wake up and give God the glory is a wonderful day.
    The morning I wake up to Heaven's brand new day, is a glorious day indeed." jls

    The complete piece is at:
    http://idahostevens.com/idscom/?page_id=29

    Some day are great. Some days are better than expected.

    Cheers
    john

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you John for your comments and insight.

    ReplyDelete