Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Last Day of June

Sorry I haven't posted in a couple of days. My computer service went out so I was unable to get on line!

Well, today is Tuesday and it is the last day of June. My daughter's 31st Birthday was yesterday. Happy Birthday, Aimee! (Boy, that makes me feel old) I'm sorry we couldn't be together like last year. I know Eric did a good job making your day special.

Well, let's see. The last few days are kind of a blur!! Sunday, I did go volunteer with the AD Assn. It was the Nat'l Human Resources Convention. I helped man the booth but I didn't have to speak. Met and greeted lots of HR people who were clueless as to why we were there! It's sad that they are clueless but a great time for education!!! Lots of people with EOAD/YOAD are working at the time they start having symptoms and are diagnosed. HR can really help these people!! I hope the education helps lots of folks. I know when I was diagnosed, HR was clueless. I'm hoping more corporations and companies will put programs together to help accommodate people diagnosed with YOAD or other dementias so that they can continue working longer. I didn't want to retire when I did!! But, my company didn't know what to do with me. Oh well, perhaps we can change that for others!!

Mom has been doing OK the last few days. She continues to be incontinent so Dad made her an appointment with a Urologist on Thursday. I'm not sure he can do anything but we'll check it out. My friend Julie has been in town from Texas. Unfortunately, a good friend of hers father died so she came in for the funeral. We were, also, able to visit which was great. My friend Keith is here working upstairs with me on the apartment. You know, the one I'll be moving into in a couple of months. He's helping me paint. (I'm paying him because he needs the money).

Went to Lowe's yesterday to purchase supplies and some paint. I couldn't decide on the color of my living/dining room. I brought home samples and Julie helped me decide. I chose " chamois cloth." It's pretty neutral. I'll have to do a lot of accenting!! Thanks goodness my sister is coming as she has a MUCH better eye at this than me.

Aimee, Eric and Turtle are coming July 16th. I can't wait!! I'm very excited!! I'm counting the days!!!

White dog and Orange cat are doing fine. Simon's back leg healed nicely (thank goodness).

I pulled my back the other day (while getting Mom up off the floor). It's discouraging. My back was finally doing better and now, well, here we go again! (Stop complaining because things could be worse). My back is killing me. Well, at least the migraines are gone!! I swear, sometimes I feel like an old woman! Seems like I always have some ache or pain!! lol.

Gotta run. Need to go to Lowe's to buy paint! (Thank God Keith is here. I couldn't do it alone!)


Have a great day!

Peace and Hope,

LCC

No comments:

Post a Comment