Monday, June 22, 2009

Another Monday.

Well, another Monday has come and gone.

This morning was quieter than usual. Mom slept in today. I was up at my usual 7:30am. Did my am ADLs. Let Winston out and Simon in. Fed them. Checked on Mom and Dad. Dad was up eating breaking. He said they had a good night. He helped Mom to bsc around 6-ish and she was tired and wanted to go back to bed. I said things sounded good and he said, "Oh, I forgot to tell you that your Mother fell yesterday while we were at the play." "What?", I asked? he said that while Gloria was in the kitchen making Mom lunch, Mom got the urge to urinate and forgot the bsc was there and decided to walk to the powder room. She got there ok but fell and hit her head while she was in there. "What?", I asked again (I don't think it registered). She's ok but I didn't want to worry you. "Dad, she seemed Ok when we returned from the play." Yes, she was shaken up but ok. "How come you're just telling me now?" "We didn't want you to worry." ( I just didn't say anything else and went home).

They tell me all the stupid stuff but not some of the important stuff!! Gosh, it makes me sooooo angry!!! I am or was a nurse. I could have checked Mom after the fall! Damn, they make me soooo mad sometimes!! They make me worry more because they don't always tell me the truth! (Breathe Lisa, slow deep breaths, calm down, there's nothing you can do about it now).

Made myself some cafe au Lait, turned on the tv (news) and pet white dog. (Breathe)
Called my sister Linda to vent. Poor Linda, she gets all my anger!! But, I have to vent it somewhere! She listens. Of course, she gets upset too! But, she reminds me "It is what it is." "Thank God ya'll will be moving here in the fall" I tell her. Sometimes, I feel like I'm going to flip!!! (Well, we hope they will be here in the fall. They still have to sell their house in NJ!

Mom rings her bell around 10:15am. She's ok, she's just ready to get up. She's already wet her diaper, so it's clean up time! Yahoo, I just Love clean up! lol.
Get her all cleaned and changed. Did Am ADLS. Wheeled her to her throne. She's weak but fairly lucid today. Give her am AMs. Success! Then her Coke and h2o. We have a short conversation (she confused about the day of the week but makes sense about other things). I had called Dad earlier and reminded him to go to McDonald's to get Mom some of those breakfast wraps that she likes. Offered her a McD wrap and just smiled and said "Yes, she was hungry." She ate the whole thing! Yes! Mom doesn't eat much these days so I was glad to see her enjoy her breakfast! I offered her a second one and she refused. Shortly after that she was snoozing in her recliner. I put her bell next to her and went next door to do some dishes. A few minutes later her bell rang and she said she wanted to go back to bed. So, I wheeled her back to bed. Put water and bell at bedside and went next door. (door open, of course).

Turned on my computer, checked e-mails, went to the AD Message Boards. Later, I was searching on-line pharmacies (Canada) for a drug I take that is very expensive. I'm now in the gap in my insurance so I have to pay for all my meds! Sucks! The Inderal LA that I take costs about $500. So, I thought I'd try to find it cheaper.
The drug co. doesn't manufacture much of it anymore as it is an older drug. Just my luck!! It's the ONLY prescription that successfully keeps most of my migraines at bay! I tried MANY other meds without success. I'll just keep searching.

My daughter, Aimee, called to let me know my granddog "Turtle" was sick and had to go to the vet. She thought he had another attack of pancreatitis! Oh no! She thought he needed fluids again. She was waiting to hear from the vet. Poor Turtle, he's such a sweet dog! She said she'd call me back when she heard from the vet.

Dad had given me a Netflix of "Slumdog Millionaire" which I tried to watch but kept getting interrupted by phone calls and then Mom waking up. I did finally finish watching it. It was very good but very sad. Worth seeing!

Got Mom up later but couldn't get her to eat anything! Ahhhhh! She did eat dinner. Meatloaf, mashed potatoes and salad ( but not much of any). Such is life!

Watered plants, gardens and trees. It's Hot as Haydees here! We're breaking heat records almost every day! Heat Index 110! Too hot for me!! Walked white dog around 8:30pm. Now both the boys are inside with me which makes me happy!

As usual, I'm tired. It's a whopping 10:25PM, Past my bedtime! Oh wait, Winnie-win-win has to go outside. Both boys are in again. Gave them their treats and we're all off to bed!

Sweet Dreams!

LCC

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I forgot to tell you all, Turtle is Ok. He's home with his Mom and Dad, No pancreatitis just ate stuff that didn't agree with him. (thank goodness). Thanks for reading and caring. Hope it helps some of you out there!
    LCC

    ReplyDelete