Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Stop the roller coaster, I want to get off !!

Wow, what a terrible day I am having. I woke up a little late. Luckily, Mom wasn't up yet. Dad had gone to work already. Got up quickly to check on Mom next door.
By the time I fed the white dog and orange cat and made myself a cup of java, Mom was ready to get up. Helped her with ADLS, put her in her transport chair and made our way to her great room. Got her in her recliner, gave her meds, coke, water. She's weak and confused but OK. Not hungry yet. She's kinda quiet today.
Within an hour, my savior arrived, Gloria, the wonderful sitter! Now, Mom would be taken care of. I could start MY day now.
Played with white dog, drank coffee, spoke with my cousin, daughter and sister then off to take my bath/shower. But, I strange thing happened....while a was in the tub I felt a sense of anxiety/panic, tightness in my chest, my throat which has been foreign to me for quite some time now...and then.....flashes,.... oh no... a migraine!! Oh Shit!! (unfortunately, my favorite saying),. Where is all this coming from?
Could it be the prednisone I'm taking for the bronchitis? I hate prednisone but I'm taking it because I've been sick now for over 3 weeks! This really sucks! And a migraine to boot, Migraines don't usually happen while one is taking prednisone! Just my luck!

Did some slow deep breathing. Became more p.o'd as time when on. So, I opted to fight the damn thing!! Finished my bath/shower, finished my ADLS, then went to take my morning meds. More deep breathing, knots in my stomach. Drank part of a coke, took 3 ibuprofen and trucked off to the grocery (nausea intact).

Made it through the grocery. Coughing and deep breathing, trying to smile and not look frantic. Loaded the car. Unloaded the car. Put some groceries away, then sat down to have a salad. Ate that and a banana (banana had NO taste).

Called my doctor and left message for him to call me. Finished the laudry I had started earlier. Finally, when I didn't hear from my doctor, took a clonazepam and rested.

I decided to try to blog these feelings and events in the hopes of helping others. My head is still pounding/throbbing, some nausea but I think I've won the battle yet not the war!!

Some days I would really like to get off this roller coaster but that's impossible so I'll just have to figure out how to keep riding and holding on.

I need help but sometimes don't know where to find it. I would love to have someone put their arms around me, hold me tight and tell me everything is going to be OK. But, there's no one there. Just me. I can't figure out how to hold myself yet. Maybe in time??

Sometimes dead is better!

LCC

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa, I'm new to following your blog but we met on Alz site I believe. I hope you are feeling better now--the migraine is receding a bit I hope. I can't believe how much you accomplished with the way you felt. You are really something. Take care of yourself, and you're mom is pretty lucky to have you there.
    colleen

    ReplyDelete