Wednesday, June 10, 2009

"I got a lot of Livin' to do!"

Another strange day that began with ANOTHER migraine! I think it had to do with the dream I was having about my EX or should I say nightmare? lol. I can't think of a much worse way to start the day (well, if I really think about it, I can think of some worse things like nausea, vomiting and diarrhea) lol. Oh , I'm getting off track again.

Today, started with a bang, flashes, migraines, coughing, feeding animals, then..... Coffee must have Coffee! Ahhh! Coffee, Ibuprofen then some quiet. Yes!

Who am I? What am I? I'll have to figure that out later.. Later...... ran out of later..... Mom's ringing her bell!! Off to the rescue!!!

After the usual AM ADLS (including clearing her somewhat impacked bowels), gave her the AM meds, rode her to her throne (recliner), where she received her precious coca cola and h20. Mom stated she felt "OK today." (which was a good start for her day). Later, she ate a biscuit with butter I had made from last night. (She ATE!!) Yes!

The other day my ice maker in the freezer just stopped working. just stopped. I got mad, very mad!! Borrowed ice from Mom & Dad. I jiggled and fiddled with it. Nothing! Nothing yesterday! Today, I decided to BANG it and jiggle it and guess what?? It is working again! And they say women aren't mechanical!

I did go to the doctors today as my bronchitis doesn't seem to be leaving me completely alone. More Antibiotics! The bronchitis remains! Bummer! Still sick after 3 weeks!

I've decided that it's not time to give up living my life yet. I still have places to go and people to see (especially my daughter). It's just some days it's hard getting out of bed then mentally and physically preparing for the day.


Oh, in case I forgot, I have Early Onset Alzheimer's Disease! Some days are much more difficult than others. Some days are fine. Some require great amounts of energy and patience. (both of which I sometimes sorely lack). Especially that patience thing!!! Do I hear the seroquel calling my name again?

I watched part of Bye Bye, Birdie on TCM tonight. God, I loved that movie!! I still love that movie! My friends and I used to act it out and sing and dance! We were young. Drove my parents crazy! Boy, am I getting old!

What's even more remarkable is I still remember many of the lines and songs! Ha! That made me feel good because some of my older songs are fading, the words, I mean. And that make me very sad.

"Bye bye Birdie, time for me to fly. Time for me to flyyyy. Time to say Goodbye!
Bye, now!"

LCC

3 comments:

  1. Wow, we watched a little of Bye Bye Birdie today too, before we left for a ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Baby-Girl! :)

    I was just wondering why I guessed your favorite color is purple?

    Didn't "Bye, Bye Birdie" star "Penis Van Lesbian"?

    Did I just make you grin a little?

    Lisa, we're on this roller coaster TOGETHER, we are in the FIRST car and we're holding out arms straight up!

    No idea where we're going, but wherever it is we're going there together! Thank you for "propping" me up when I need it, thank you for your STRENGTH, and thank you for being my FRIEND!

    I love your "open-ness" with your blog, and I am proud to follow it!

    Thank you, Lisa

    Bill (Christopher Robin)

    ReplyDelete