Thursday, June 18, 2009

Today is Thursday

Woke up a little late today as I stayed up a little late last night or should I say this morning? Couldn't sleep last night. Went to bed about 2am.
Slowly rolled out of bed about 8am and realized today is Thursday. Dad leaves early on Thursday. Mom is alone. Oh, nooooo!

Went to check on Mom. Luckily, she was OK. Kind of woke her up by checking on her. Did her am adls, she had another incontinent episode (so, what's new?), Rode her to her recliner. She took AM meds without a problem. (Great, good start). Got her morning Coke and water, put bell at chairside, went to let my white dog out and orange cat in. Fed my boys.

Made my morning cafe-au-lait,( My grandmother used to call it coffee milk) and went back to be with Mom. Gosh, I really miss Mimi. She was my Mom's Mom. My daughter is named after her! She was so sweet and wonderful. I really miss her today!

9:00a Gloria arrives. Give her update then return home. Called my sister for our morning chat/update. Then, Aimee called to check-in! How nice! We had a brief chat as I had a Peer Volunteer Phone Meeting for 10:30am.

Had a really good meeting with Peers then went to bath/shower. Today is Thursday. I can run errands today! Decided to go to find Dad some little Father's Day treats. Went to Martin's Wine Cellar. Bought him a few varieties of cheese straws and some dark chocolate. Dad loves junk food. Dad LOVES dark chocolate. He told me (one time) that if he knew he was dying and he had one last meal, it would be ALL dark chocolate! He's so cute!! lol. At 87, he entitled! There's nothing else he needs or wants so junk food should do the trick (I hope).

God, it was soooo hot today I could hardly breathe. Heat index in the 100's and very humid. My poor car a/c barely works and in this heat, well, just forget it. Oh, the other thing is most of my electric windows are broken! I drive a 2001 Chevy Tracker (crappola) and the electric windows just died. Well, the back windows are dead, the driver's side goes down a bit but sticks and then I have to push it back up and put it on the track! lol. The front passenger window works a little but not much. It's really hard living in the South in Summer with a car whose windows don't roll down!! The mechanic told me that Chevy doesn't make the parts anymore so I'll have to get the parts from a junk yard. Some kind of window motors??!!

Came home to get out of the heat. Mom and Gloria OK. Played with white dog. Watched some TV (AMC). Not my favorite cuz it has commercials. Did some laundry.

Received phone call from my cousin, Jamey in Mississippi. Poor thing, her grown children are having marital problems. It makes me so sad. I love those kids like my own. It's a very sad situation. She has 4 grandchildren that are being affected!! She and I were talking about not understanding today's world and how fast lives can change. I tried to cheer her up. I don't think I did a very good job. I love her like a sister. I'm so sorry for all the troubles her family are having.

Watched part of the movie "Aliens." I love that movie. Makes me miss my daughter. She loves it too. (Yes, It is pretty violent but very good).

Fed Mom and Dad dinner. Mom had meatloaf and mashed potatoes with salad. Dad wanted leftover crawfish and salad. They ate well and seems to enjoy it. Good!

Received another phone call from my EX (well, he left a message on my answer phone) that he would take care of the loan. Right, like he did before! lol. He's such a liar and a user. It took me to file a lawsuit for him to even acknowledge his debt that I have been paying the last nine months. What a loser! I don't know why I didn't see it before?! I guess, sometimes, love makes you blind, huh? Stupidly Blind I should say!!! I'm so glad that's over!!!

Well, it 10pm now and I'm tired. I really did miss my grandmother today. Some days, I still miss my hubby and he's been dead since 1982!!

"Sometimes, Dead is better." S.King

Peace.
LCC

2 comments:

  1. P.S. to all the wonderful people who read my blog: I do read your comments and love them!!

    Thank you all for taking the time to read and post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi LCC,

    I have a white dog and ginger cat plus a smokey grey cat and my mornings sound like yours; I let white dog out and grey cat out and ginger one in.

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete