Tuesday, June 23, 2009

An uneventful Tuesday!

FYI "Turtle" is fine and home with his Mom and Dad!

Woke up around 8:00am. Had great plans for today. Dad was off and I was free today.

Mom and Dad slept in. Did morning ADLS, drank coffee. My daughter called to tell me she was going to the dentist. My sister called to see what was up for today. Linda & I talked a while then all of a sudden "flashes in my eyes", oh no, it can't be, not today, I want to do so many things then BAM a migraine!! Not the typical migraine, I had pain in the back of my head worse than the front. Most of my migraines are in the front of my head. I'm so mad and so disappointed!! Not another migraine! Sh.t! Nausea started. I took my meds for migraines. I took my morning meds too. Then, I had to lay down. The migraine won. I had to give in. This sucks!

A while later I checked on Mom and Dad. They were up and doing OK. Heated Mom a McD breakfast wrap. Dad was having his breakfast. Told them I wasn't feeling well. Went back home to lie down. ( I can't remember when to use lie or lay) lol.

After a couple of hours, I got up again. I had to search the Internet for my Inderal LA. Finally, found a discount on-line Canadian pharmacy. Ordered my Inderal. Called Donna to fax prescription. Done! Hope the Inderal is real and doesn't kill me! lol. Finally was able to bathe/shower. Felt a little better. Ate something then went on line to the AD Message Boards to do Peer Volunteer work. I do love to help people! And it helps me too!

E-mailed the NP @ Ochsner to try to get an appointment with the neurologist. My Internal Medicine doctor (Lenny) asked that I return to the neuro because of my migraines. (Tomorrow I am going to Baton Rouge to testify for the hearing.)
Received an e-mail back saying that there was an appointment available tomorrow @ 1pm. Can't do it! Need to go testify. Please, get me another one. Then Lynn (NP) called to tell me next available was July 9th! I took it!

Later, my daughter, Aimee, called to let me know she survived the dentist! Her mouth was numb all over ( 3 cavities) and she was talking funny. She said she had taken out frozen swimp to cook! (Swimp? huh? what? Oh, Shrimp!) lol. She was hysterical! It made me feel a little better. We had a good laugh!

Checked on Mom and Dad again. Everything OK. Mom was sleeping. Dad was doing cross word puzzles ( and angry because they were too difficult!) Had taken out some beef stew to heat for dinner (my sister had cooked and frozen while she was here).
Will heat that for dinner for them.

Talked with my cousin Jamey. Got an update on their family crises! Jamey seems to be handling all this better. She's still worried about her grandchildren. I pray for all of them nightly!

Fed Mom and Dad. Fed white dog and orange cat. Fed myself. Walked white dog. Now we're in for the night. Will call Simon in to sleep later. Received a call from Elena that the hearing in BR tomorrow is cancelled. No need to go! Ahhh, I could have gone to the neurologist tomorrow! Ahhh, oh well, such is my life!

My head is aching again, so I think I'll go take some more meds.
Thanks for listening. I hope that by writing down this stuff it helps some of you out there. I know Life is tough. Tough for many of you, both people with EOAD/AD and caregivers. I don't have any words of wisdom. Just a lot of love and feelings to share.
After all, none of us can get off this damn roller coaster! We have to arm ourselves with knowledge, hang on together, share some tears and hopefully some laughter.

"I just have to learn to dance in the rain!"

Peace and Hope.
Lcc

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there Lisa. I think of you and pray for you most every day. I read all your comments and find you to be a very caring woman. I am amazed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John,
    Thank you so much for your kindness and prayers! It means a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a blessing to all who enter the support space. My way of thinking has shifted because of your missives. My daughter takes Serequel. It is a roller coaster ride with her. You never give up.

    Parts of this piece was written some years ago as a means of remaining sane.
    http://idahostevens.com/idscom/?p=219
    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete