Friday, June 26, 2009

Another TGIF !

Well, another TGIF. I do thank God it's Friday. I'm beat. It's been a kinda crazy week!

Woke up this am around 8:00am. Did AM ADLS, let white dog out, not orange cat because of the cut on his leg. He needs to stay inside another day! Went next door to check on Mom & Dad. Mom was up in her throne with coke and water. (Dad had gotten her up) Yea! She was doing OK. Dad was going to the post office.

Made cafe au lait and joined Mom for a visit. A doorbell rang (I thought it was Mom's door) but it wasn't. It was mine. It was the guys here to clean the house gutters! Oh, OK, They were just getting started. Good! Fixed Mom some breakfast.

Later, Mom's doorbell rang and it was the furniture company here to deliver my sofa sleeper and chair. The furniture needed to go upstairs in that apartment that I'm painting and cleaning as that's where I'll be living in the next couple of months. What commotion! I had to put my animals next door so they didn't run out. Then, the moving guys had trouble getting the sofa sleeper upstairs and eventually had to take a door off to fit it in! Isn't life grand!! lol.

In the meantime, I came downstairs only to find Mom UP and kinda walking and confused. I grabbed her and asked what she was doing. She said she heard a knock on the side glass door. (It was the new pool man letting her know he was here). Man, it was crazy! Phones ringing (my daughter calling), doorbells ringing, pool man and gutter men banging and making lots of noise and the movers, well, it always happens that way! huh?! Well, doesn't it??

In the middle of everything, Dad came home from the office to tell me and Mom that he had an eye doctor's appointment this am. Then, he left.

Later, things were finished and completed. Yes, it was calmer. Mom seemed better and less confused. Dad came home from the eye doctor appointment and said he was OK and was just going to deal with his mono-vision and will get the other cataract done later. Then, Dad asked was I going to get Mom ready to go get her hair shampooed and fixed. I said, Yes, I guess so. Wheeled Mom to do morning ADLS and to get dressed. (It's always such fun to get Mom ready). It takes a lot of patience!!! Finally, we were done. Mom asked if I would put some eyeliner on her. Reluctantly, I said sure and then did the best I could. Mom put her own blush on (kinda looked clownish but when I tried to fix it, she got mad, so I left it like it was. Oh well). Mom and Dad headed off to get Mom's hair done and Dad was going to the grocery.

I did have a much quieter afternoon. Had time to get on the computer to search for some flooring. Then, went to the AD Message Boards to do some Peer Volunteer Work. Love those Boards and most of the people on them!!
Dad had bought fried catfish for dinner with mac & cheese. All I had to do was make salads and heat up the dinner. (Easy night).

Later, I fed my animals then took white dog for his walk (gosh, it's still dreadfully hot!). Then decided to go to the grocery. I was going to pick up a few things and winded up spending $150. Man, groceries are getting damnned expensive!!!
Unloaded the car, put most of the groceries away then I ate dinner. Had bought eggplant parm. It was good and made a salad! Good dinner!!

It's now 10:10pm. I'm tired but I am glad it's Friday!My back is killing me but no migraines! Yea! This week is almost over.
Sunday I am going with Elena/ local AD Assn to speak with the Nat'l Assn of ---- managers (sorry, forgot the word). Anyway, their convention is here and I will be manning a booth and speaking to the Assn. Wish me luck!! I hope I can tell My Story and help convince these people about EOAD/AD !! We need more education, funding and Help!

"Parting is such sweet sorrow"

Hope you sleep well!

LCC

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Go Girl! Have a sensational Sunday and I hope your orange cat is doing much better.

    lots of best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time on Sunday, I know you'll give a wonderful speech. Take it easy at the booth and take rest times for yourself, ok. Sounds like you are keeping up with things and moving ahead pretty well. Glad to hear that the migraines have cleared. I've had a couple of friends who get them and I know they hurt like the blazes. Fried catfish sounds so good to me, I'd have to skip the mac& cheese though, I'm bursting out of my playclothes as it is. Take care, Colleen

    ReplyDelete