Friday, June 12, 2009

"Oh, what a terrible morning!"

White dog and I slept on the sofa last night. Woke up, did am things, fed animals, then coffee. I realized that Dad was up and having breakfast. Mom was still asleep.

Good, coffee time. Called and spoke with my sister in NJ. The pod was delivered today! Yea!
Actually turned on the TV to catch some news and to feel like part of the world. Of course, don't remember much of anything I saw/heard but that's ok.

Dad came home from his mall walking and trip to the post office. Mom was ready to get up. He said he'd handle it but didn't. He was in a rush and left Mom on the toilet with her bell. (Oh well, duty calls).

Helped Mom with AM ADLS, wheeled her to her sacred throne (recliner), coke and water waiting. Then, Morning meds! Finally, got those safely down! Sat with Mom to visit.
She's confused today. Keeps forgetting about taking her meds already. Keeps wanting to take them!!
Breakfast time. Offered eggs and stuff but Mom wants her cereal and milk. Ok, no problem. Bib time. Mom's tremors are pretty bad today. Encouraged her to keep the bowl close to her mouth. (she does NOT want to be fed!) She eats most meals propped up in her recliner.

My phone rings a few times then hangs up. Then, my cell phone rings -same thing. White dog wants to go out. Let him out but he took off down the street. (I'm still in my nightgown .... Ahhh!) Went around to the other side of house and let him in MY front door! Thank God he's safe. My phones start ringing again and hanging up! Ahhh!
Finally, answer one. It's my daughter asking me some question about a snow globe! It doesn't compute. Angrily I answer after a brief discussion! No patience today!! I'm trying to multi-task and failing terribly! ( Oh, that's right I have EOAD and multi-tasking is now impossible. Why do I continue to try? Stupid me!)

Finally, get Mom settled with bell at her side. Went to call Insurance Co. about OUTRAGEOUS PT bills I received. After several failed attempts, finally spoke with someone. Yes, the PT facility is in network. Yes, I did all the right things before starting. Yes, there was a co-pay per session. The co-pay is what??? $100.00 per session??????????!!!!!!!!!!! How come no one told me the co-pay amount??? I've NEVER heard of a PT co-pay being $100!!! I would have NEVER gone to PT knowing that co-pay amount! I'm on disability! This is a Humana medicare product! Oh, sh.t!!!!! No more PT for me. My back can break or fall off! Finally, I was so mad I just said goodbye and hung up!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

(Oh, in the mean time, Mom is ringing her bell to take her meds and for me to take her in her bedroom to get some stashed cash she has hidden.) What?? She's going to get her hair cut and washed today and needs some CASH now! Find her stash, giver her some money and hid the rest in DAD's drawer. Called Dad to tell him about cash. Tried to get Mom to wash up and get dressed for hair appt. but she refused. Said she'd wait for Dad. (I let her). I'm tired already!

Aimee and Jamey called while I'm blogging. I'll call them back. I have to finish this and get it off my chest!!! Sometimes, I feel better after I've put some of this in writing. Please, excuse my mistakes. I try to fix them but sometimes I still miss them!

Thanks to Everyone who is hanging here with me. I hope that what I write makes a difference in someone else's life. I hope you can learn from my mistakes! And, some times, I hope, you can laugh too!

I think I need to rest now. Morning is over (thank, God). Perhaps the rest of the day will be better!!

Wishing you peace and comfort.

LCC

3 comments:

  1. I can not imagine the frustration you feel. I have times of frustration raising my 4 year old grand son. What I do is a walk in the park compared to what you do. You are in my prayers. I subscribed to your comments so I read what you say to people. I am impessed. Thanks for being there for them.
    Idahostevens it.stevens@gmail.com
    idahostevens.com

    Your blog comes in very nicely from the alz postings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it made me feel better to hear you rant. Sometimes it just feels so good to hear a well-written rant. Thank you. Now I just learned I can subscribe to your comments from the board so I'm gonna do that too.
    Take care, Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many of your happenings run parallel to my morning activities and I suspect the "roller coaster" never slows down.

    I'm chasing my tail in circles for support, but hearing of this one morning routine you've shared I feel ashamed to even ask for help as your plate is fuller than mine. How do you find the strength? Where do you get your superwoman powers from?

    Are you having trouble finding support too? Let's start a group that empowers EOAD patients and Caregivers, honestly... we are the forgotten ones.

    You must take care of yourself and Lisa, it's not yeah, yeah I know. You really do need more time to slow it down, you're the one depending on you.

    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete